Author Topic: 12-12  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
12-12
« on: December 13, 2020, 05:21 PM »
At the lake at sunrise and only 2 trailers in the lot.  Cholla ramp was closed.  Beautiful day, dead calm till around 3pm.

Started along the far shore 3 coves past the bouyies and worked the shore back to the bouy line.  Then worked out to around mid lake and back to the shore.  Only 1 decent cat (around 3lbs) to show for it.  Graph was loaded, 7-18ft but no takers.

Moved to the flats just SW of the exposed trees where there were 5-6 boats scattered about.  FINALLY my dad catches a smaller speck (11-12").  Ended up with 6, 3 smalls and 3 normal (13-14").

I had been focusing deeper, 15-20' originally untillthe first one was caught around 8-10ft.  All caught in the 8-10' range.

30-33ft water depth, 55-57 degrees at the surface, solid line on the graph 7-20' with most being 7-12'.  Skirted and grub jigs tipped with minnows.  Water was surprisingly clear considering the rain Thursday.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Re: 12-12
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 08:44 PM »
Great report....and any chance to fish with your dad is a great day.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Thanks for the report, nice quiet day, some people have been saying they are not carrying minnows this year at the lake :dontknow:

Was there any indication why the Cholla ramp was closed?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:54 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 07:01 AM »
Was there any indication why the Cholla ramp was closed?

There was a water main break which I was told has been repaired. They are in the process of disinfecting the lines and are waiting results from testing. They are hoping to open both the Cholla ramp and all the Cholla area campground loops by the 15th.

Hope so as I have reservations from the 20th to Jan 1

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 04:17 PM »
Thanks Larry,
I could see closing camp grounds but why would they close the ramp :dontknow: you could put up signs about the water, thankfully it is not in March or it would be a nightmare
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal