Author Topic: Bartlett Sat 10/31  (Read 2019 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett Sat 10/31
« on: October 31, 2020, 03:43 PM »
My parents and I on the lake by 8am. We headed to Yellow Cliffs / Cat Bay and found the trees.  We used basic jig and minnow down deep as well as a couple bare hook rigs but didn't catch any crappie.  Mid morning we headed down past no wake buoys and did a slow troll targeting trees around the island with no luck - it was only 9ft on one side of the island.  Fished a few other coves with trees but also no crappie.  We went through 6 dozen minnows between 3 of us caught countless fish-x, sunfish, bluegill, etc. but no crappie.  Some of the trees were loaded up with fish - they are there just need to find right technique to NOT catch other fish but catch the elusive crappie.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett Sat 10/31
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Thanks for the report Matt, is the SB launch ramp still open? water getting pretty low :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 07:14 AM »
Thanks for the report Matt, is the SB launch ramp still open? water getting pretty low :dontknow:
Yup it's open.  No problems launching.  When we launched I did see some guy barreling down with his truck and trailer he actually jacknifed it he was going so fast.  He forgot to put his plug in his boat, doh! 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 05:50 PM »
thanks Matt, weekends bring out the crazies
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Barbek82

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 02:41 PM »
When you say "island" which one are you referring to? I saw a few in May :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 03:51 PM »
When you say "island" which one are you referring to? I saw a few in May :)

Way up river past the no wake buoys but before ship rock, right not it is almost not an island but a big point on a flat with the lake dropping so fast

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal