Author Topic: Canceled - AZCA January 2021 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake  (Read 4272 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Canceled - AZCA January 2021 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake
« on: December 29, 2020, 04:01 PM »
Unfortunately, we are going to cancel this Saturday's AZCA meeting at Roosevelt Lake. We aren't able to confirm that any of the officers are able to make it.  The LTF tournament is still on and I believe Art is still planning on fishing it, and there may be some AZCA members who also fish it, but would be last minute decision.  I'm reaching out individually to those people who replied on this forum post saying they were going to attend the meeting with the cancellation notice.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The January 2021 meeting location will be at Roosevelt Lake on Saturday, January 23rd, as soon as the the Let's Talk Fishin' (LTF) crappie tournament entrants have weighed in their crappie. Tracy will be trying to get crappie tournament participants in the first few flights and weigh-ins by 3:45pm so we'll just do meeting after they've all weighed in (estimated to occur around 3:45pm). The meeting will be held at Windy Hill Bobcat boat ramp launch area near where LTF weigh-in area is at (just far enough out of the way, but close enough people can find us).  I haven't been to LTF tournament when weighin is at Bobcat so can't give exact location, but it will be near the weigh-in area.  Please see the attached map to know which ramp Bobcat is, it's the main one open currently that even has camp host.  LTF tournament participants can return to the LTF weigh-in area for announcement of winners (estimated to occur sometime after 4pm depending on number of flights).

For information on the LTF tournament series, please see the 2020-2021 Let's Talk Fishin' Tournament Schedule forum post.

For information and history about the AZCA, please see our Club Information forum post.

If you would like to become a member, please see our Club Membership and Club Meetings threads.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:45 AM by OneBlade »

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: AZCA January 2021 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:11 PM »
Don't count on 3:30 or 3:45 as the fourth flight doesn't even weigh in until 3:45! .......Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Don't count on 3:30 or 3:45 as the fourth flight doesn't even weigh in until 3:45! .......Art
When I spoke with Tracy regarding how we'll run both crappie tournaments at SCF 2021, we discussed possibility of letting crappie boats all out first but have them do an early weighin at 2:15/2:30 and announcement of winners perhaps 2:50pm before 3pm bass weighins start.  We haven't finalized anything but perhaps for this January meeting we do something similar (consider it a dry-run for SCF). I don't know that other crappie boats will want to stay until 4:15pm for a club meeting as there will be boats not doing the tournament who may want to leave earlier.

To those people who voted for Jan 23 and doing LTF, would you be open to modified LTF schedule if I can work it out with Tracy where you may weighin early (2:15/2:30)?  That would allow the club meeting to occur immediately after announcement of crappie winners so maybe 3:15pm.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 12:27 PM »
You also have to take in consideration other non-member boats who have entered the Crappie side with no interest or plans to join in on the club meeting.  They have paid their entry fee to fish the entire time.  I'm certainly not saying to alter the weigh-in times for all Crappie Tournament boats.  But in a way, club member boats time on the water will be short changed time wise if they come in early for just the meeting.  And if one of our club boats are on a good bite.........

Art can answer this question but in reading LTF weigh-in COVID addition rules, sounds like to me there is no announcement of winners like before??

https://www.letstalkfishin.com/covid-19-guidelines/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 12:28 PM by cousinlll »

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 03:11 PM »
You should just ask to have early boat numbers and have Tracy slot crappie boats for like 1-10 or however you have.  Then all us bass guys can go after you.  That way, you'll be first in line for weigh in and won't have any waiting.  You should be able to start your meeting by 330pm if you all have early boat numbers...

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 04:16 PM »
I'll talk to Tracy. I had no intent to only have AZCA members and prospects come in early - it would be all crappie tournament participants just bumping up to 2:30 weighin instead of 3 and even potentially have announcement of winners immediately after that before the bass weighin even occurs.  But as you said, they may not even be doing announcements.  And actually even if all crappie tournament participants all come in 3pm weighin slot, then we can still have meeting by 3:30pm.  I like apenland01's suggestion just have all crappie boats come in first weighin to allow us to have meeting at 3:30pm.  Those interested in seeing who won or whatever could just wait for normal announcement (if it even happens).  Our meeting only take 10-15 minutes or so anyway.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Tracy said they already have group/flight 1 filled but he's going to try and put all crappie boats earlier in the flight 2 that would put their weighins at 3 and 3:15pm allowing for our meeting 3:30-3:45pm-ish ending before 4pm.  Tracy said they are doing COVID-19 protocols but do announce winners still and if they aren't there they mail out the checks.  So, I've updated the meeting notice information above to still indicate meeting start sometime between 3:30 and 3:45pm after the crappie boats have all weighed in.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 09:08 PM »
Team Chamberlin is boat number 31, first boat in  the third flight, but we'll try to weigh as quickly as possible and head to the meeting site, ......Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 07:21 AM »
All right, who's going to attend this meeting?  I see Art is attending as well as entering LTF tournament. I updated the meeting info above to state that our meeting will be at the Bobcat ramp (not Badger) somewhere off to the side of where LTF weigh-in is at.  I haven't been to LTF tournament since they've moved over to Bobcat ramp so can't give exact location, but I figured we could find a small area off away from weigh-in but close enough people can find us.  Seems like Art and others will be in 3rd or later weighin so I'm estimating 3:45pm or so meeting time should only take 15 minutes. I will be posting meeting agenda for AZCA members in the internal club forum soon.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 05:38 AM »
I will try to attend the meeting.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal