Author Topic: Bartlett 1/29  (Read 1478 times)

Offline AZFishing03

Bartlett 1/29
« on: February 01, 2021, 06:36 AM »
Fished Bartlett lake 8-2pm...caught a couple crappie near cat bay/yellow cliffs area but was really slow.  Handful of bluegill and bass.  We are pretty sure we could see big schools of them but couldn’t get them to bite...very frustrating. (I have livescope). They would come up look at it and turn away - mainly used baby garland shad on 1/16 jig head.
The little success we did have was finding structure and verticle jigging...wish we had minnows.  Will bring some next time.
It was freezing cold the first few hours!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett 1/29
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Hmmm thanks for the report - I'm trying to decide between Bartlett, Alamo, or even Roosevelt for trip tomorrow. I've heard good things of that baby garland baby shad tipped with crappie nibble so got some myself - I may try that but only if I run out of minnows. Thanks for sharing report though, at least you caught a few.

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:10 AM »
fyi-
Bobby Garland Baby Shad are 50% off at the moment, at Bass Pro/Cabelas.  Original price $3.59 now down to $1.79.  I just stocked up.  The Swim'Rs are also on sale and work pretty good when trolling.  They even have the UV light ones that they call mo'glow.  GOOD LUCK!

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/bobby-garland-baby-shad

Offline AZFishing03

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Oneblade - the baby garland shad tipped with green crappie nibbles is what we got most bites on...barely any movement at all is what got them to bite.  I had dozens of fish follow the jig up like 5-6 feet as I slowly raised it...then would just lose interest...live minnows might have done the trick.

Keep us posted on where you go!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal