Author Topic: Bartlett 2/2 Nada  (Read 1767 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett 2/2 Nada
« on: February 02, 2021, 05:12 PM »
On the water by 8am headed to Yellow Cliffs Cat Bay area and later tried a couple other areas no luck well 1 crappie that was it.  The guys in back of the boat with drop shot setup caught several b@$$ and bluegill and the 1 crappie.  Poles up front only caught trees.  Slight wind more than expected but really not much - weather was great until our last spot got warm.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 2/2 Nada
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 10:19 AM »
Matt what was the water temp?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Matt what was the water temp?
51 degrees at cat bay and 54 in smaller coves.

Offline AZFishing03

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:02 PM »
Dang - were you mainly trolling around the trees?
I am debating on going back Friday with live minnows (and livescope)... may have to consider Roosevelt or Alamo.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 07:45 AM »
Dang - were you mainly trolling around the trees?
I am debating on going back Friday with live minnows (and livescope)... may have to consider Roosevelt or Alamo.
We were very slowly trolling cat bay over various trees. With long poles we somewhat try and just top them but with drop shot and jigs drop them right down in there.  My friends caught b@ss and bluegill in those trees but also scattered everywhere around in there not necessarily in the trees.  If I went again to Bartlett, I'd leave the long poles behind and focus on drop shot and jig.  I'd also try some new areas.  I think the crappie shifted deeper or elsewhere but I couldn't find them.  Being a Tuesday, there weren't enough boats that formed a flotilla to help me 'find' the crappie.

If you have spots at Roosevelt you caught fish at in Jan, it could be worth a try but I think the crappie are tough to find currently but you'll catch other fish.  Alamo also always has promise but haven't been there for several weeks so not sure.

I'm thinking all 3 lakes will improve as it warms up.  Feb-April are my favorite fishing months for crappie.

Offline AZFishing03

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 09:28 AM »
Thanks - most likely will be back at Bartlett tomorrow.  Will report back how we do!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal