Author Topic: San Carlos Open & Water Level  (Read 3426 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: San Carlos Open & Water Level
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 12:29 PM »
The was a Circle K on the way into the Reservation on the left side of the road that used to sell them.

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 08:45 PM »
I stopped into game and fish at San Carlos and they are selling permits.  Water level is apparently low, although I don't particularly have any reference.  I stopped and took a few pictures on Friday afternoon.

The Fast Go in Globe sells minnows and says they always have them in stock.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 08:18 AM »
Great pictures apenland01, thanks for sharing.  I wonder if they are doing work on the boat ramp or what the options are currently for docking there.  When water level gets too low that main ramp isn't usable and you have to take a sketchy road to the left.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 04:09 PM »
Looks like that ramp silted in bad :dontknow: it looks like the ramp Matt you can see the curb on both sides but man that lake is low and they are already releasing water for irrigation down stream almost looks like one should you a car topper boat and get down to the waters edge anyway you can (with out getting stuck)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 07:36 PM »
Yes, that is a cement boat ramp that I found when I went down a dirt road to the right of the circle roundabout.  It lead to a long cement boat ramp with a curb on both sides.  The ramp ended and those excavators were down there clearing debris or something.  At first I thought they might be adding cement to the bottom of the ramp to make it longer, but after getting closer, I'm not sure what they are doing.  There was indeed a sketchy looking road to the left that looked like it led down to the beach area well below the ramp, but I didn't take that road.

Also, the name of the store in Globe with minnows is "Good2Go" across from the Best Western.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Lake is really low. That's the Soda ramp they are working on. I'm guessing maybe 30 to 35 FOW up near the dam
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Wet winter last year but they used the heck out of water with our long dry and hot summer was their any report of a die off again due to low water :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 09:21 AM »
Those are great pics.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you see any boats on the water?

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 01:17 PM »
I didn't see any boats on the water, although in that picture of the beach, the truck had a boat trailer parked at the waters edge.  I didn't see the boat though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal