Author Topic: 12,500 baby crappie stocked in Bartlett and Roosevelt today  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Our AZ crappie club assisted g and f fisheries in stocking 12,500 baby black nose crappie in Bartlett lake today. Stocking truck that came from Arkansas arrived at Roosevelt first early this morning and they had 8 volunteer boats taking out their 12,000+ crappie in plastic garbage cans to stock. Truck arrived at Bartlett before 10am and 4 crappie club boats along with a pontoon boat from g and f set up shop on the dirt point below the launch ramp (out of the way of people launching and retrieving). We had done this before and things went great with us finishing up by noon. The fisheries people were like a well oiled machine pumping water then putting fish into the garbage cans on the boats. Thankfully the weather man was wrong they had said potential for high winds by 11am, the lake was glass all morning by 1pm here in town it was blowing like all #%@%#. The big difference this year from 2 years ago when we helped with stocking was the lake was 100% two years ago lots of places to find brush near shore to drop off the 3" crappie this year with the lake at 45% the boats had to search for coves an areas with some brush or first generation plastic habitat or known trees. Two years ago it was a longggggg ways to go up lake to stock crappie in the upper end right now the lake stops not to far up from the Yellow Cliffs. Time will tell how many of the small guys survive two years ago survival was great and by fall those crappie had grown to 11+" and close to 1lb. We knew they were the fish we stocked as the black nose has a distinctive stripe running from its nose right over its back to the dorsal fin.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 05:33 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: 12,500 baby crappie stocked in Bartlett and Roosevelt today
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 11:25 AM »
Did you take any more pictures? I would LOVE to post some more pictures on our social media pages.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 01:44 PM »
Finally got on internet!!! I was the only ACA member among the seven boats that distributed 50,000 black nosed crappie on the Tonto end yesterday. We started at first light and were finished by 7:30. Back where they came from they call them Magnolia crappie. ........Art

Offline Shredder

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Art, Did they drop 50,000 Blk Nose Crappie or 12,500 as stated in Fishless report. Just trying to get an Accurate number .., thanks

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Art, Did they drop 50,000 Blk Nose Crappie or 12,500 as stated in Fishless report. Just trying to get an Accurate number .., thanks

50,000 would be crazy! I was wondering the same thing. I talked to Curt Gill last week about the drop and he told me is was 25k total and they were going to be split between Rosey and Bartlett.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 07:33 PM »
Did you take any more pictures? I would LOVE to post some more pictures on our social media pages.
I have some pictures ,  Barb took several minutes of video on her Apple phone can you do anything with that? pm me your email i will send you what I have

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 03:21 PM »
I don't know!? It wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood?. ......Art

Offline Jp lesueur

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Thx for the info I am a new member looking forward to meeting you all at the spring fest.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 04:41 PM »
Curt said it was a split load of 25,000 those little crappie are expensive.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 04:53 PM »
Curt said it was a split load of 25,000 those little crappie are expensive.

Yeah, but he still seemed excited about getting them. I don't know if it's just because we're in the crappie group or not, but it seems like crappie fishing all around with fishermen has picked up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal