Author Topic: Alamo AZ Mule Deer Tournament 2021  (Read 3552 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Alamo AZ Mule Deer Tournament 2021
« on: March 07, 2021, 10:19 AM »
Dave SparkChaser and I fished the 2021 AZ Mule Deer Crappie Tournament again this year. As always, they put on an well run, family friendly event and are an amazingly cordial group of people. They camped at the large group site, and in my opinion it would make a perfect setting for any of our future events at Alamo. Dave had issues with the hydraulics on the main motor, and despite the best efforts from Captain Timbo who came down to help us Friday night....we were forced to just use the trolling motor both days. Pre-fished Friday with many miles out on the TM to end up with just 1 small crappie. For Saturday, we made the decision to stick within a mile from the ramp and just grind it out. Most boats headed up river to the north side of the lake where the flotilla was visible. This tournament is an individual one, not per boat. Dave and I both weighed in only 1 crappie each, as well as 1 Bass each as goon fish (several Bass were caught, with only weighing our largest each). Ended up winning  1st in Biggest Crappie with Dave’s at 2.17 as well 2nd in Goon Fish. With Tommy taking 1st in goon fish. The goon fish needed up paying out just as much as the biggest crappie. The fish we found were all pre staged with water temps starting the day at 56 and pushing 60 by mid day.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo AZ Mule Deer Tournament 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Good job , above and beyond , Hope the motor repair can get done quickly and cheaply

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 03:28 PM »
Nice job guys under circumstances you guys did great and the goon fish seems like someone should just enter and target goon fish.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 04:25 PM »
congrats on the big fish including the goon fish. Hope the hydraulics are easily fixed. I know on my Mercury on the last boat I had problems one day with tilt etc. thought the pump motor went out on my old two stroke Mercury it had two relays back by the engine and the one had just decide to die (thankfully not an expensive repair.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 05:09 PM »
It's completely trimmed in the up position. The electric motor runs in the up and down switch position, but it will not move. We tried bleeding the reservoir, and serviced it afterwords. Ill let you know what I find out on it
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 06:20 AM »
Good luck Dave sounds like the pump went out, did Timbo fish the tourney? I saw you mentioned he came down to try and fix the issue.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline wally g

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 07:38 AM »
Bitter but Sweet
Nice going 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 01:40 PM »
Good luck Dave sounds like the pump went out, did Timbo fish the tourney? I saw you mentioned he came down to try and fix the issue.

No, Timbo just came out to bring us more trim pump fluid Friday evening. I owe him big as he drove from the west side of town to bring it
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 03:46 PM »
wow hats off to Timbo

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Indeed, hats off to Timbo!  Also, nice job on the crappie and goon fish cash....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal