Author Topic: AZCA Spring Crappie Fest 2021 at Roosevelt Lake  (Read 2343 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZCA Spring Crappie Fest 2021 at Roosevelt Lake
« on: March 21, 2021, 10:19 AM »
The Arizona Crappie Association (AZCA) Spring Crappie Fest (SCF) with crappie tournament, open meeting (open for club prospects), raffle, and fish fry potluck is Saturday, April 10, 2021.

Camping
Many club members will be camping at Windy Hill in the Coyote Loop.  Recreation.gov allows reserving of odd numbered sites only while the rest are first-come first-serve.  You are welcome to camp in Coyote loop with the club, but most individual single sites are currently reserved so you may have to reserve a double site or check another nearby camping loop for availability. But don't delay as most sites at Windy Hill will be taken by that Friday night.  For camping resevations, go to https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/249308

Crappie Tournament
The AZCA SCF crappie tournament is on Saturday April 10th the same day as the LTF bass and crappie tournaments.  You are welcome to join either or both crappie tournaments if you'd like. For details, go here: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4592.0.html

Meeting
The AZCA meeting will be at Windy Hill campground, Coyote loop, site #265 around 4pm (may start as late as 4:45pm depending on how long it takes for crappie division winners announcement).  The meeting will occur immediately following the crappie tournament winners announcement, which is occuring at the Windy Hill Bobcat boat launch ramp after everyone has weighed in and the LTF and AZCA tournament directors are able to compile the results. We'll provide those people who attend the tournament results announcement 5 minutes to return back to camp to attend the meeting.

Raffle
Immediately following the meeting, we hold a raffle. In previous years we've given out some great prizes like Engel live bait cooler, zero gravity chairs, propane fire pit, high performance coolers, gift cards, club swag, etc. Actual prizes are still being picked out.  You can't win if you don't enter!!

Fish Fry / Potluck
After the raffle, we'll give time for those assisting in the fish fry to get the grease hot and start frying fish. All members should bring a dish or dessert to share.

For information and history about the AZCA, please see our Club Information forum post.

If you would like to become a member, please see our Club Membership and Club Meetings threads.

If you are new to this website or the AZCA Club and interested in attending this meeting, please feel free to introduce yourself here by replying to this forum post and just attend the meeting on Saturday, April 10th at Windy Hill campground, Coyote loop, site #265 around 4pm (may start as late as 4:45pm depending on how long it takes for crappie division winners announcement).

Final note: The AZCA does not want to be involved in any COVID-19 outbreak or getting any attendees infected. Not everyone in the club is in perfect condition to take on COVID-19. We ask that everyone attending the meeting follow local, TNF, and CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:28 AM by OneBlade »

Offline Jp lesueur

Re: AZCA Spring Crappie Fest 2021 at Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 08:50 PM »
This is jpaul I plan to make the weigh in and meeting and thanks for getting me in the info loop

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 09:22 AM »
Crowbait and Lil Crow will be there. Hoping Crowbaits Wifey can get out of work. See you soon and look forward to fishing with Iammac

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 08:27 AM »
Reminder, AZCA meeting as part of Spring Crappie Fest is this coming Saturday, April 10th at Windy Hill Coyote campsite #265, starting between 4-4:45pm. The meeting will occur immediately following the crappie tournament winners announcement, which is occurring at the Windy Hill Bobcat boat launch ramp after everyone has weighed in and the LTF and AZCA tournament directors are able to compile the results. We'll provide those people who attend the tournament results announcement 5 minutes to return back to camp to attend the meeting.

The meeting is open to AZCA member as well as well as others interested in learning about the club and potentially becoming a member during our 2021-2022 season.

If you think you may attend and are interested in the club, please reply and introduce yourself here.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 06:50 AM »
If you are a club member without a campsite or prospecting the club and interested in camping Saturday night, please let me know here or message me (OneBlade) on this site. The club has 2 extra campsites reserved for Saturday night I'm holding off on releasing until last possible moment.  Campsite cost is $33 (includes reservation fee) and guarantees a spot for Saturday night.  I went there 2 weekends ago and by Friday 6pm most single sites, reservable and first-come first-serve, were all taken when I got there.  I checked multiple loops at Windy Hill.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 11:47 AM »
Thank you all who helped make this years Spring Crappie Fest a success!!  Welcome Rick Hall to the club!

A few of the helpers to name a few (apologies if I left anyone out):
- Timbo who procured all of the raffle prizes, and he cleaned all of the crappie

- Dave, Larry, Bill, Mac, Alf and there may have been others who fried fish, french fries, and hush puppies

- All members who brought dishes to share at the fish fry potluck

- Those who contributed to the raffle

- Tracy and Theresa at Let's Talk Fishin' who ran this year's tournament for our club - they did a professional job as always

- New member, Rick Hall, who signed up to be this season's Membership Director

- Larry who recorded/streamed meeting and took some good pictures (be sure and post them!)

- Tommy our treasurer took all of this year's membership applications and payments and always on top of our financial status, and excellent he's continuing his role as treasurer for this next season

- Dave our Vice President for stepping up again and taking on role as VP for this season, and for his help making this event and all club events happen, as well as continuing role as Secretary and taking meeting minutes.

- Louis who keeps our site running smoothly as well as our social media streams (Facebook, Instagram) with up to date content

- All club members for making our club what it is by helping fellow crappie fisherman catch those slabs

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 06:51 AM »
And of course to you Matt. You did an excellent job organizing this event with all of the changes we had to go through. I appreciate all the time and effort you always give to the club.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 08:23 AM »
I appreciate having the frying stations setup to make the job as easy as it could be.  All the cooking went smoothly, I appreciate everyone's effort!

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 08:48 AM »
Marvin & Myself, would like to thank everyone for their efforts. Timbo for cleaning all the fish, Dave, Larry, Bill P. Al and anyone I missed for cooking the fish, Officers for running a very well organized event during our troubling times and the pandemic. To all whom provided side dishes and helped with the clean up. The young ones for drawing my raffle tickets not once or twice but three time. Tommy Fishman for a well run raffle. All of your efforts are well noted and appreciated.

I love this club!!!!

On the Rocks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal