Author Topic: Heading up for the bow trout  (Read 4681 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Heading up for the bow trout
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:53 AM »
Heading up to Woods Canyon and Willow Springs until Monday! WHOO HOO!!!   :bootyshake:
 If anyone else will be up there, I'll be off Rd 195. Later!!!!

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Heading up for the bow trout
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:58 AM »
 :pics: Let's see them when you get back :D I loves me some trout fishing!

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Good luck Phreek, holla when you get back.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:21 PM »
take your own rock ;D, fishing is great at woods canyon butttt buddy was there two weeks ago on a saturday and turned around and went back to camp, had to park 1/4 mile away on forest road and then when they walked into lake there was literally only 4' between people on the entire shore of the lake ???, he went back sunday with his son and it was only half full and they killed the trout ;D.

have fun be safe. :)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 05:03 AM »
I think I'm going up to Willow Spring this weekend. I'll just be there fishing, not camping

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 08:06 AM »
I am going up to start a rock consession :laugh:, will rent one to a person to use at the lake then they must return it :lol_hitting:, have fun guys I will be watching on state route 87 :angry3:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline crappie adventure

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 09:05 PM »
i was up there with PhishingPhreek today i caught 3 trout there was to meany people so i left

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:29 AM »
My family ended up with 45+ trout for the weekend we were up there. I think I was more than half of them though. Saw the bald eagles again, and those are some of the biggest, most coordinated 4 week olds I've ever seen!

The bite for trout in the boat was great... however, connecting and keeping them was a different story. I had 3 times as many hits as I got fish in the boat. I couldn't connect with anything! I was slow trolling "Joe's Flies" about 6"-2' feet below the surface. I kept the trolling motor on speed 1 or 2 (depending on the wind). I would occasionally bring it up to 3 and slow down shortly because the trout were hitting the most when I would change speeds.

On a side "fun" note. I managed to get one of the Joe's Flies stuck in my finger barb deep. I tried to pull it out at the lake, but it wasn't budging. So I stayed out and fished for another 4 hours with the fly deep in my finger. Walked back to camp, drank a flask of Jeager and had my RN mom dig around the hook with a needle and after an hour of digging, soaking, disinfecting and me being pretty drunk, she finally just popped it out of there. That was painful and I hope I never get another hook that deep buried again!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal