Author Topic: Anyone ever take the top pedal off a Terrova trolling motor foot pedal?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I have the older 12 volt 2011 Terrova TM with the "huge" top foot pedal and all the different side buttons on it. At times the constant switch will stay on or the rotating control sticks on :o. It has been worked hard and put a way wet as they say for years. I pick the assembly up and at times with with small gravel and all sorts of things on the bottom of our shoes from launching etc.  I am able to remove or shake all sorts of grit and junk out from under the pedal top. Wondering if anyone has had their foot pedal apart (the top main pedal) where you can look inside to possibly clean out any gunk or make sure springs are in good shape along with contacts etc. I have this image of taking it apart (have not found a you tube video on it) and having all sorts of things fall out that are part of the pedal assembly?

thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
WOW :o thanks Dave, looked all over for a you tube video and no find. That looks almost to easy

thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
I honestly have used my foot pedal maybe 4 times in 8 years of owning the motor. Only time I did was when the battery went dead in my remote. Hope it helps
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I honestly have used my foot pedal maybe 4 times in 8 years of owning the motor. Only time I did was when the battery went dead in my remote. Hope it helps

You know my style of fishing that is all I use other than the remote for the spot lock when spooning stripers. I will pull that foot pedal apart today to see what surprises are underneath it :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal