Author Topic: County roads saying Bartlett lake road is closed  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
County roads saying Bartlett lake road is closed
« on: August 19, 2021, 03:39 PM »
The county is saying that Bartlett lake road is closed due to flooding their websites says thru the 20th? :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: County roads saying Bartlett lake road is closed
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 03:54 PM »
I saw a picture on Facebook that showed the 188 was closed because of a mudslide. That's the road to Rosey, right?

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:33 PM »
That is the road to Roosevelt.  Last weekend, the right hand lanes by Guayos was closed because there was a foot of mud over the road.  They had the front loader on it by about 10am....

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 05:39 PM »
Bruce, it looks like AZ511 is saying the same thing. I bet that wash that all the off-roaders use is flowing.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 05:39 AM »
I am sure it was camp creek crossing where you drive over that cement pad and the ATV trailers park and there are flashing lights if it is flooded. I heard that  when you turn off of the main road that takes you up to the Yellow Cliffs ramp that there is large piles of gravel and sand on the road about half way in (where it always piles up) and it is hard to get across pulling a trailer :dontknow:

It looks like MCDOT has taken the Bartlett lake road off the closure list so they may of got in there and graded all the sand and silt that piles up on it at the crossing :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal