Author Topic: Arizona Mule Deer Organization Crappie Tourney Saturday March 19, 2022 at Alamo  (Read 2174 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
From Cameron Gilliam:

Arizona Mule Deer Organization Annual Crappie Tournament is Saturday, March 19th, 2021 at Alamo Lake.

Ok all here it is all your rules and regs and entry fees for our crappie fishing tournament in March I know it’s early but I want to get as many people signed up and there this year as possible.

Arizona Mule Deer  Organization annual crappie tournament. Saturday March 19th 2022 at Alamo Lake. Entry is $75. Tournament starts at safelight, around 6:30 AM and ends at 1:00 PM. Check-in starts at 5:00 AM and will be in”the group use area”. That is the last campground on the left as you drive to the  cholla ramp.  Everybody must check in that morning and be back inside in the no wake buoys by 1:00 PM.  There will be someone there to check in with. Then put your boat on the trailer, drive to the group use area, and weigh in your fish. Entry is $75 and that gets you in for a 50% pay back on your 10 biggest crappie. That pays 1st, 2nd, and 3rd . Option one is $25 and that is for biggest crappie. That is a 100% payback for three places. Option two is $25 for biggest goon fish, this also is 100% payback and also pays three places. If a largemouth bass is used for goon fish it must be weighed in alive and released. No dead largemouth bass will be allowed to be weighed in.
Rules are as follows:
1. If it is allowed by Arizona Game and Fish we also allow it.
2. You can have as many people on your boat as is U.S. Coast guard approved and they are all entered in the tournament and have chosen the same options
In other words I don’t want four people on a boat and only one person in the big fish option. Come join us and have some fun and raise some money for the Arizona mule deer organization to keep our wildlife fed and watered during our hot summers. Also remember we have the group use area it is reserved for the 13th through the 20th of March. That way anyone who wants to come up prior to the tournament day feel free to join us, you are welcome to the camp in the group area. You still have to pay Alamo State Park for the days but you can stay in the group use area. Also we will be having a fish fry Saturday evening after it is all over for anyone that wants to hang around. All we ask is that you donate some fish to be cleaned and cooked and bring a dish to pass and bring your own drinks. Cameron will gladly filet all fish for the fish fry. Remember we’re all here to have fun and a great time, feel free to invite all of your friends, family, and any group members that you know. Any questions please call Cameron Gilliam at 480-407-9037, Terry Herndon at 623-696-5579, or Mal Hiatt at 623-277-0899.

Note: this is not an Arizona Crappie Association sponsored event.  We are sharing this information since it may be of interest to AZCA members and visitors.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:48 AM by OneBlade »

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
I plan on winning this Matt. Will represent us well.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Updated rules/info in original post as I heard back from Cameron.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
I plan on winning this Matt. Will represent us well.

Tommy is on Mission Critical.....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
I just saw an update on Facebook for the AZ Mule Deer Org event (https://www.facebook.com/events/628755424809971) that they may not have the group site, rather they 18 sites reserved on the E loop (and more expected). Anyway, you may want to check with the event organizer regarding making sure you have a campsite for the event, or just reserve your own. I actually booked site ALM-B3 (water/electric) but may move to the E loop.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:30 AM by OneBlade »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
From Cameron Gilliam:
Hello my fellow crappie fisherman I am having a live feed on Wednesday, Feb 2 at 2pm (https://www.facebook.com/events/996609274395808) to talk to everyone about the tournament this year March 19th 2022. There is a few things I would like to go over and a few things that are added that are going to be a lot of fun this year I can

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal