Author Topic: AZCA Spring Crappie Fest April 2, 2022 at Alamo Lake  (Read 2453 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZCA Spring Crappie Fest April 2, 2022 at Alamo Lake
« on: November 07, 2021, 06:23 PM »
The Arizona Crappie Association (AZCA) Spring Crappie Fest with crappie tournament, open meeting, raffle, fish fry potluck, poker game, and campfire Saturday, April 2, 2022 at Alamo Lake.

AZCA members with paid membership will have a campsite available in the D-Loop and reserved by the AZCA for Friday and Saturday nights. If you are an AZCA member, please visit the SCF campsite reservation page to confirm your campsite number.  All sites in the D-Loop are now reserved.

All others, we'd love for you to join us that weekend so if you think you are interested, I suggest you book a campsite now before they are all taken: https://azstateparks.com/reserve/alamo-lake/camping/
Or you may just show up for the day if you'd like.

A Facebook Event has been created so if you're on Facebook, be sure and indicate you are going on the event.

You can download the Tournament Entry Form to see the tournament details.

I, OneBlade (Matt), will be camping in campsite D5 so if you have any questions, feel free to stop by anytime during the weekend. We occupy the entire D-loop so really you can ask anyone in that loop questions about the event and they'll be able to help you.  Many of the main events will be at the small pavilion at site D6 (midway down on the left).
Weekend Itineary

Thursday, March 31st
2pm: Some AZCA members have reserved Thursday additionally on their own. If you want to come up Thursday, be sure and book that night yourself via the Alamo Lake Camping website.  Campsite checkin is at 2pm and you'll need to go to the store to get your vehicle pass.

Friday, April 1st
2pm: AZCA members may arrive but be sure and checkin at the Alamo Lake store to get your vehicle pass for the weekend.  AZCA members please know your campsite number, which you can find in the internal club forum SCF Camping Post.

6pm-ish: Hang out at camp on your own for dinner, however some AZCA members may go to Wayside Oasis RV Park (aka Wayside Inn) for some food and drink (http://www.waysideoasisrvpark.com / https://www.facebook.com/waysideoasisrvpark/) - just note the grill closes around 6pm-ish and place closes at 7pm.

Saturday April 2nd
5:45am-6:30am (Cholla Boat Ramp Parking Lot): Tournament director (Timbo) takes entry forms in the parking lot at the Cholla boat ramp. Director will also check livewells. Please see the attached tournament form for details and you may print out and fill out ahead of time to save yourself time on tournament day.  The tournament director (Timbo) will release everyone to dock their boat and start fishing at safelight, around 6am.

2:30pm-3pm (D-Loop Campground): Weigh-in for the crappie tournament. Please see official rules as you may weighin as early as 2:30pm but no later than 3pm.  Make sure you checkin with the tournament director (Timbo) please do not be late but if you know you will be, please let the tournament director know so we are not waiting for you.

3:25pm: Official AZCA meeting, open to everyone, likely at the pavilion at site D6.  This is your chance to learn about the club and be voted in if you decide you'd like to join. AZCA members: be sure and get your AZCA membership form and money to our Membership Director, Tommy Fishman, no later than Saturday April 2nd.

4pm: Raffle! Bring cash so you have a chance to win some of the awesome prizes being awarded.  This is your year to win!  Raffle prizes this year include: 11ft ACC Crappie Stix Jigging Rod, 14ft ACC Crappie Stix Trolling Rod, Outland Firebowl Propane 58k BTU Firepit, Zero Gravity Chairs, Tactical LED flashlight, Bass Pro Gift Card, B'n'M Capps & Coleman 1oz Minnow Rig, Hand Tied Crappie Jigs, and AZCA Stickers.

4:30pm: Fish cleaning. Please donate fish for this for the fish fry. This is a great opportunity for you to help!

6pm: Fish fry & pot luck dinner. The AZCA will fry the fish and hushpuppies. Everyone please bring a main dish, side dish, or desert to share.

7pm: Campfire. Please bring some firewood to share

8pm: Poker tournament hosted by Tommy FishMan

Sunday, April 3rd
8am-11am: Camp tear down and clean up. Everyone is expected to clean up their own camp site leaving site cleaner than when you arrived. Recheck the area where fish fry potluck was at to help pick up trash and belongings there.

11am: SCF 2022 is over and everyone must leave their campsite unless they have obtained additional days camping.

Other Info

For information and history about the AZCA, please see our Club Information forum post.

If you would like to become a member, please see our Club Membership and Club Meetings threads.

If you are new to this website or the AZCA Club and interested in attending this meeting, please feel free to introduce yourself here by replying to this forum post.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 06:20 AM by OneBlade »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: AZCA Spring Crappie Fest April 2, 2022 at Alamo Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 07:42 AM »
Still plenty of campsites available for reservation in loops B and E: https://azstateparks.com/reserve/alamo-lake/camping/
SCF is Sat April 2 but many members will be up there by Thur or Fri and returning on Sunday.

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 01:27 PM »
Attn Crappie wanna Bs...

Greg and I have a buddy wanting to come in from Vegas. He is a vetted Crappiean from the SE. Is anyone looking for a fellow teammate? Normally, Ii would give up my seat but as a veteran Netter, I don't think Greg can risk having an amateur with net responsibilities after purchasing the equipment.

1. Does someone need a teammate?
2. Do the odd increase for winning the this gig from bank fishing?

Please email Greg with all your answers.....

See you soon folks 

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 05:54 PM »
Zach is the one who helped me to bring spider rigging to AZ quite a few years ago.  We were fishing on homer buckets from the front of my boat before getting it totally set up to spider rig and getting a lot of weird looks at Alamo with a few questions on what we were actually doing fishing that way.  His dad owns a guide business back in GA and they have won local tournaments there over the years.  He knows a thing or two about crappie fishing to say the least.  He's more than willing to share $$ to be able to get out on the lake.  If you have a spot let me know and we'll get things squared away.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 07:13 AM »
That cool IAMMAC I vaguely remember that day asking myself about those crazy long poles I remember you, BobM (I think), and must have been Zach.  I'd offer up my boat but it's already full.  I'm sure there's someone looking for a backseater on their boat.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 12:39 AM »
Zach got a boater.  Thanks everyone!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 08:50 AM »
Hey all, I updated the original post above with an itinerary for the weekend.  Hope to see you all there.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 06:53 AM »
Thanks to everyone who attended -- I posted tournament results and summary of the weekend here: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4802.0.html

Offline Jiggn Knot

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 10:32 AM »
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome for Edna and I. I'm sure we'll enjoy our membership in the years to come.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal