Author Topic: 30'+ to be added to Bartlett lake dam by SRP and Bureau of Reclamation  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Through the years Horseshoe lake has filled with sediment and does not hold near the water it used to on wet years (man I miss the old horseshoe lake :crybaby2:). I heard some time back that SRP has been looking at two options to gain more water storage in the two Verde river lakes so that on wet years water is not sent down the normally dry salt river bed. They looked at dredging Horse Shoe lake to make it deeper again but I understand that was not going to be a viable option SO it appears SRP working with the Bureau of Reclamation is proposing and it looks like it is going to happen to raise Bartlett lake dam approximately 30+. It is going to be an interesting project the way that dam is designed. Of course if and when this happens they will have to re-design parking lots and ramps and all of the facilities at the lake. I sure hope if the project is a go they design ramps and parking at Bartlett better than they did when the raised Roosevelt lake dam :dontknow:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:00 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal