Author Topic: Alamo 11/20 -11/22  (Read 1890 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Alamo 11/20 -11/22
« on: November 23, 2021, 08:04 PM »
Fished Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Launched from Cholla every day. Water temps were 63 to 65, water was more stained uplake, but not horrible.

Unfortunately we got blown off the lake mid day Sunday. Other two days were perfect.

Saturday we caught 12, Sunday 3, Monday 21. Aside from 2 fish caught uplake, all of the fish came in 50 FOW 15 to 20 feet down. Although we tried jigs, our success was on double minnow rigs with bare hooks. We were trolling anywhere from .3 to 1mph.

We were following the shad balls that were literally everywhere. When you found shad, crappie weren't to far away. Place your bait just above the shad, and boom.

Size of the crappie we caught were from 10 to 15 inches. We kept a few for the fryer, and released the rest.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Alamo 11/20 -11/22
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 03:53 PM »
Livescope screenshots…….?

So what I’d like to know is just how much using your livescope played a part in your catch numbers and how was it an advantage trolling in open water that deep finding schools or finding deep trees w/ fish?  Did you stop on those trees and toss a jig at them?  Were you able to see fish swim up to your minnow as you trolled along?

School me oh wise one on how you used your livescope to better your numbers.   :dance: :greengrin:

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 06:18 PM »
When we were in open water we would see the crappie suspended near the shad balls. Most of the time it was 2 to 3 of them. We would slow down and put the bait right in front of them.

Uplake we did try to get the fish to come out the trees, but they wouldn't.

SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 07:35 AM »
Interesting technology
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 08:54 AM »
It's great. I have my livescope transducer on a pole so I can rotate it 360 at any time. You can literally see the fish, make your way to them and place your bait right in front of them. Usually they can't resist.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 02:15 PM »
It's great. I have my livescope transducer on a pole so I can rotate it 360 at any time. You can literally see the fish, make your way to them and place your bait right in front of them. Usually they can't resist.
That's wild stuff. I need to fish on your boat sometime, when's your next trip?? ;-)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal