Author Topic: Online license  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
Online license
« on: December 12, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Wasted several hrs trying to get a license thru GnF and still don't have a valid license.  Very frustrating to say the least.  Any suggestions?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Online license
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 03:11 PM »
Weird, I do know their website is a bit confusing whether or not to sign in or continue as guest.  If you have an account there, it's easier to sign in, but if not you can continue as guest: https://license.azgfd.com/Account/Guest
Have your prior license available since that'll have your department ID on it and give them that and your birthday and it should take you thru.

Did you try that and website was broken or what?

Your alternative is go to Walmart or maybe Bass Pro / Sportsmans Warehouse and they MIGHT allow you to get it old school style.  But those stores are best to avoid on weekends this time of year.

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 04:03 PM »
I stopped at Sportsmans and got the online lecture.  I entered my ID and birth date (one month at a time, 612 times).  Still no email like the site said it would send.  System isn't refined for online only applications IMO.

Spent some time in Florida in 2018.  Online license took roughly 20 minutes and very well organized.  AZ has a long way to go if they expect online only to work.

Just very frustrated at the moment.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 04:37 PM »
Well their website is confusing to say the least, on this page: https://license.azgfd.com/Account/Guest

I actually don't think entering your customer (or department) ID and birthday on that page does anything.

I go to this page and login using my email and password: https://accounts.azgfd.com/Account/Login

They have a few options on that page including if you had portal account prior to 12/9/2020 and other possible options. My guess you are stuck in the blackhole of software gore they may have a bug in their system.  I PM'd you with my cell though if you want me to try a few things from my computer...

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 06:43 PM »
When you have time call g and f customer service 602 942 3000 weekdays and tell them your frustration, they are really pushing for people to have a "portal" account with them? I have always been able to get my new license at Sportsman's on Yorkshire along with my habitat and duck stamp :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 09:05 AM »
I bought mine in the Portal in 60 seconds.  I think wal Mart still sells them.  Or stop by a G&F office works. 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 01:07 PM »
I buy mine annually online through the portal. Never had a problem. I know about a year ago they sent out an email to confirm your account with them. You may need to stop by an office to confirm your login information.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 02:48 PM »
I just renewed my license a couple weeks ago and it's pretty easy if you have an account you can login to.  Good advice above to call the GF office and get some assistance logging in....

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021, 06:09 PM »
I do have an ID # that I tried on my 3rd attempt without luck.  My dad also tried then called GnF.  Sounds like there have been tons of complaints about the same issues we both had.  The good news, you can still get them from some of the usual vendors like Walmart (maybe not all of them thou), Big 5, and a few others.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 06:58 AM »
This email came out from g and f last night, interesting not many options for purchase other than online, I like the old paper license where I could put my stamps on it and have it folded up in my wallet (I guess it is progress :dontknow:)

Dec. 15, 2021
Arizona Game and Fish Department

All Arizona hunting, fishing license sales going online Jan. 1
License dealers will no longer sell traditional paper licenses, but many will offer an online purchase option; customers can also buy directly online at https://license.azgfd.com/ or at AZGFD offices

PHOENIX — In a move to further modernize its licensing system, the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) will no longer offer traditional paper “book” licenses sold through license dealers beginning Jan. 1.

Many current dealers will continue to sell licenses after Dec. 31, but they will do so through AZGFD's online purchase system. Some dealers will no longer sell licenses after Dec. 31. See list of license dealers offering electronic license purchases beginning Jan. 1. 

As always, customers can also purchase their hunting, fishing or hunt/fish combo licenses online directly at https://license.azgfd.com/, 24/7, or in person at AZGFD offices during normal business hours (8-5 M-F).

There are several benefits to buying your license online:

​​​​​​​Ease of use. With just a few clicks of a computer mouse or taps on the screen of a smartphone or tablet, anyone can purchase a license online quickly and easily.

Print your license or save it on your phone. A license purchased online can be printed from your printer, or it can be saved as a photo or PDF to a smartphone. The electronic version is valid if requested by an AZGFD official as long as the license hasn’t expired.

Reprint a lost or misplaced license for free. Lose or misplace a printed license? No worries, you can print a new one from your printer anytime at no charge.

To buy a license online:

Visit https://license.azgfd.com/ and select “Purchase a License.”

If you are an existing customer, log into your portal account with the information requested. If you haven’t previously bought a license through AZGFD, select “Continue as a New Customer” to create a portal account, or select “Continue as a Guest” to buy a license without creating a portal account. It is recommended that you set up a portal account.

Continue through the screens, following the prompts and reading the disclaimers.

Be sure to check the acknowledgement and the “I’m not a robot” box, which provides enhanced online security.

A customer ID number and date of birth is needed to reprint a license. Customers who have lost or forgotten their customer ID number can locate it by either using the new “Customer ID Retrieval Tool” that can be found at www.azgfd.com/license/, or by calling AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Licenses purchased online must be paid for with a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card). Licenses purchased at an AZGFD office can be paid for with card, check or cash.

All licenses except short-term are valid for 365 days. License pricing is:

Resident hunting license - $37
    Resident fishing license - $37
    Resident hunt/fish combo license - $57
    Nonresident fishing license - $55
    Nonresident hunt/fish combo license - $160 (nonresident hunters must buy the combo license)
    Youth hunt/fish combo license for ages 10-17 - $5 (resident or nonresident)
    Short-term hunt/fish combo license - $15/day residents, $20/day nonresidents
    Migratory bird stamps ($5) are available for purchase online, at AZGFD offices, or at license dealers (see list of license dealers offering electronic license purchases beginning Jan. 1). 

For general license information, visit https://www.azgfd.com/license/.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal