Author Topic: Recent Winter Action  (Read 1520 times)

Offline 85260man

Recent Winter Action
« on: January 26, 2022, 11:18 PM »
How has the crappie bite been at Bartlett or Roosevelt?  It was tough earlier in the month with the recent cold fronts and colder water temperatures -- hopeful that things have turned around somewhat.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Recent Winter Action
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 08:07 AM »
I haven't seen any reports on this site for Bartlett in awhile. I'm sure some folks are going but not reporting unfortunately. You can often find some crappie there it's worth a trip just release the small ones (< 10-11") please and stay within limits for the lake (link below). Roosevelt goes up and down for catching crappie.  I went last weekend but didn't target them correctly and got skunked.  If you have Livescope or even regular fish finder and use it well, you can use drop shot technique to get them, but it won't be easy.  But it has a lot of areas you can try out and who knows maybe you'll find a school or two.

User swikmo hits Roosevelt a lot - maybe he can chime in on the recent crappie bite there.

Limits: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4553.0.html

Offline 85260man

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 12:50 PM »
Do they stick close to structure this time of year or are they generally schooling around the lake with the shad?

Offline swikmo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 05:58 AM »
This time last year I was getting them around main lake points holding tight to structure and the bottom. I talked to a buddy yesterday who was sitting on top of a bunch but would eat anything including live minnows. its just about time for them to be fattening up.

Offline 85260man

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 10:44 PM »
Thank you both.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal