Author Topic: Successful crappie stocking at Bartlett and Roosevelt today  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Arizona crappie association teamed up with Az game and fish and successfully stocked 30,000 baby black nose crappie between 3 and 4" long in Bartlett lake this morning in hopes of bolstering the population and genetic diversity at the lake. G and F was able to obtain funds to purchase the crappie and asked for our clubs help. The club had 5 boats participate along with 2 g and f boats. Club members started launching at 6:30am on a very typical windy morning at the lake and by 7:30 boats were taking trash barrels out spreading out all over the lake stocking groups of the little guys in areas with either artificial or natural habitat from down near the dam all the way up to Echo cove where the lake basically ends now. The project took several hours as you don't drive WOT up a windy lake with large plastic garbage cans full of water and fish :laugh: All in all the project went very smootly and I think everyone enjoyed themselves and it felt good as a club to help out.

On another note another group of anglers led by Art Chamberlain and g and f employees and boats stocked 75,000 crappie at Roosevelt this morning at about the same time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 05:45 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: Successful crappie stocking at Bartlett and Roosevelt today
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 06:19 PM »
I had a blast doing this!  Larry and I made our own crappie communities that no one knows about.   :sign0151: Very windy to start and we made an adjustment on our third trip since we both got soaked with water on our second run.  We released three barrels full of crappie to hopefully repopulate and not get eaten. 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 08:06 PM »
Wow way to go guys!!  Thanks for stepping up to help!

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 07:18 AM »
We had a great turn out at Bartlett, getting a group together Midweek is no easy task Thanks Bruce for coordinating all of this . Glen and I dropped off 3 barrels of new residents to Bartlett lake "secret spots " NOT Jeff  USAoutdoors , Timbo , RackmasterRon .Byron Langdon, Mac, Larry . and others also helped and spread out 30000 3-4 inch Black Crappy , Afterwards Glen and I fished the upper end with very little Success until we went shallow and moved the plain minnow spyder rigs up to 4-6 ft down. we then caught 4 nice crappies, some Bass ,no black nose , I did notice there were no grebes on that part of the lake and very small shad balls something else maybe wrong at Bartlett . Jeff fished near us had the same results. Those little guys are needed . Thanks again to everyone 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Awesome job guys and thank you.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 03:28 PM »
I had a blast doing this!  Larry and I made our own crappie communities that no one knows about.   :sign0151: Very windy to start and we made an adjustment on our third trip since we both got soaked with water on our second run.  We released three barrels full of crappie to hopefully repopulate and not get eaten.

Great job by everyone and a big thanks. Glad you had fun Mac :headbang: good to see you and Larry out there, We did the same thing on one of our runs we turned left to go into a cove and between I think the wind waves and I am guessing a wake from another boat as we slowed down on our turn we took two waves that absolutely drenched us (man that water along with 58 degree weather was cold :o) told my driver that will count as my weekly shower ;D ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 04:46 PM »
Was there any feedback from the stocking at Roosevelt?  I heard Art is having internet connection issued but was curious if there was any news from that event.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 05:42 PM »
Larry I have not talked to Art and yes he has terrible time with internet up there. On the g and f Fishaz Face Book page they had comments and showed quite a few boats at Cholla ramp loading up trash barrels and crappie looked like a good turn out, there was some narrative with the post.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal