Author Topic: C.A.S.T. for Kids 16 Apr 2022  (Read 2267 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
C.A.S.T. for Kids 16 Apr 2022
« on: March 01, 2022, 09:17 PM »
I was approached by Terry Johnson of C.A.S.T. for Kids to help with their event on 16 Apr 2022.  I won't go into details here because there is a lot of info.  If you want to help please let me know and I'll get you in touch with Terry and forward you the email that he sent me.  They are really looking for boaters to take out a kid and their adult for the morning.  Lunch is served at 1200 so I'm sure you'll be off the lake by then.  This is a great opportunity for the AZCA to give back to the community and get our name out there.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids 16 Apr 2022
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 03:14 PM »
Yes I talked with Terry on this and he is in desperate need for volunteers for this and needs boaters to sign up by THIS Sunday March 6th.

He needs 22 more boat captains to fulfill the 50 special needs kids who signed up for the event.  All he needs are boat captains.  Each special needs kid will have their adult companion with them and all you need to do is head out starting 7:30am and return a bit before 12 noon.  There is an awards ceremony 1pm along with lunch too.

He's hoping he can get people to signup otherwise he has to call 28 kids to let them know there isn't room for them.

The event is April 16th, that is the Saturday of Easter weekend. Weather should be nice out.

The event is at Lake Pleasant.

If at all interested, please call Terry at 602-377-1694 or you can reach out here.

And website to register is here: https://castforkids.org/event/lakepleasant/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:26 PM by OneBlade »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 07:56 AM »
I've remember reading about this event on the old old Bass Zone over the years.  Always wanted to volunteer but never did for various reasons.  They seem to be pretty organized.  I remember one old post saying they would provide valet service, volunteers would launch you & retrieve when called them. 

So this year, put up or shut up time.  I'm in Greg!  Who's going to join me??? 

Greg, send me that email

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 09:31 AM »
I've done this vent 5 times in the past 6 years.  It's actually pretty cool and well organized.  You never know what the personality-type of the kid or the parent will be.  One time, I had a kid who just wanted to ride fast in the boat.  Stop to fish and he was not pleased so we kept moving lol.  One year I had the opposite situation...powered up the Nitro and STOP!!! IS WHAT WAS YELLED SO WE idld over to the sherrif's station and fished a while and idled back to the ramp.  If you can swing it you should do it. 

Usually Dave Hagen has called me by now to get me signed up but he and Brenda may have stepped away from it for now.  I have plans that weekend so I'm out this year. 

Stevert. 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 11:35 AM »
I'd like to volunteer. Greg can you send me the link.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Larry and Dave - I forwarded the email Mac sent me to your emails.  Best to just call Terry to get full details.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 11:45 AM »
https://castforkids.org/event/lakepleasant/

I just registered online as a boater. Here is the link
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 06:09 PM »
I received a new email from Terry today please respond with your email address or send it to me privately if you want the details.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 07:29 AM »
Hey for those of you graciously volunteering your time this weekend, thanks again and be sure and take some pictures.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 05:44 AM »
How did the event go? :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal