Author Topic: Just gettin' the boat out  (Read 1568 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Just gettin' the boat out
« on: May 22, 2022, 11:13 PM »
Haven't been able to use my boat in the last year, so I wanted to take it out to make sure it still floated. Took my wife and kids to Bartlett and got it on the water at 9:30 this morning, so it passed the float test. Headed out towards the Yellow Cliffs and it was still working, so it was time to test the trolling motor.  :P

Trolled treelines for a few hours with 1 down rigged pole and one longline. Caught my only crappie (palm sized black nose) on the downrig on BBC, and caught a LMB and a gil on the longline. Had lots of hits with the longline that I couldn't connect.

Trolling motor worked, but it looks like I need one new TM battery, one new tire, and gotta fix the bimini. I should be hitting the water a lot more soon.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Just gettin' the boat out
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 07:35 AM »
Glad you got out and always fun to discover what needs replacing each trip. Hopefully we can make a night fishing trip in June.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 09:28 AM »
I'm tossing around the idea of taking my boat to the office and then going straight to Bartlett when I'm off.

Figure that since I work at Scottsdale Airport, I might as well head to the lake for some night fishing since I'm already halfway there. 😂

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 06:36 AM »
good you cked out the boat close to home compared to finding out that things don't work at an Alamo or Roosevelt. Good thing you didn't need to take it to Brent he is backed up 2+ months on work as I am sure all the boat shops are.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal