Author Topic: 6/4 Bartlett  (Read 1800 times)

Offline 85260man

6/4 Bartlett
« on: June 05, 2022, 11:59 PM »
Went out to Bartlett Saturday night and parked across from the flats to the sounds of non-stop alternating reggae and Mariachi music.  Put out lights and got fry and fingerlings about 30 minutes later.  No shad.  Bite started roughly around 10 and pulled out several small bass and channel catfish, one small carp, and two good sized crappie.   Could see multiple crappie and bass come up to the lights, splash, and turn around.  Threw a few micro crankbaits at the splashes, but nothing happened.  Graphed a ton of fish under the boat, but looks like I attracted the entire neighborhood rather than a specific school of crappie.  Didn't catch anything after 1130, but the splashing continued.  Moved down and tried another area that usually works during the day for fish and ended up watching several bass and carp splash around me once the fry showed up, but refusing to take minnows.  Overall a decent night, but I was hoping for more crappie.   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 12:03 AM by 85260man »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: 6/4 Bartlett
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 12:44 AM »
Yeah, those weekend trips at night come with an interesting soundtrack. I usually try to blast heavy metal, country, and classic rock while I'm fishing. Haha

It's nice to be able to bring something up, but sucks you weren't able to get the bite from a big school of crappie.

Did you only fish with minnows, or did you try any jigs? When you fished, were you fishing in the light or outside of it? I've always found that I get more bitea when I keep my lure/bait outside of the light.

I'm going to try and head out there this Thursday night after work, so hopefully I'll get into something.

Offline 85260man

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Just minnows at varying distances from the light.  I've had zero luck with artificals under the lights - have you had any success?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:41 AM by 85260man »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 09:52 AM »
There have been trips where I've caught several with artificials, and others where they won't hit it at all. If I'm not getting anything with straight minnows, I'll usually tie on a second hook/jig with a grub and a minnow attached to it. I'll even try roadrunners so the blade shines to get their attention. It's just something else I try to help encourage bites.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal