Author Topic: Bartlett North  (Read 1015 times)

Offline 85260man

Bartlett North
« on: June 17, 2022, 08:07 PM »
In hindsight, I think every crappie I've ever caught at Bartlett has come south of the no wake zone, with the majority around yellow cliffs.  When is the north area (north of the no wake zone) a good time of year to look for crappie?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett North
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 08:16 PM »
When the lake goes up a bunch right now the island and ship rock are basically out of water if the lake gets good water like filled it can be very good up lake from Echo cove on up
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett North
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 09:41 AM »
I've had some really good days fishing past the No Wake Zone, but that also depends on where the buoys are located. When the lake is low and they're located before echo, I've fished several pockets of 18-20 feet of water between the buoys and Ship Rock. When the lake is full and pushing 100%, I've had luck between Ship Rock and Jack's Cove. When I first started crappie fishing (and had no idea what I was doing), the hot spot to fish was around that island before Ship Rock. I never caught anything there, but I've seen several boats pull crappie up left and right.

TL:DR - When the lake is full, there are several good areas for crappie fishing beyond the No Wake Zone

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal