Author Topic: Any advice for fishing around Phoenix  (Read 915 times)

Offline dallasfisherman

Any advice for fishing around Phoenix
« on: August 29, 2022, 10:34 PM »
Im just a humble fisherman who lives in Dallas Tx. Recently I have found out that I have a life threatening ailment and i might not live much longer. My best friend lives in Phoenix and I am going to be visiting in September. I want to find a decent spot so we can go fishing and make some memories just in case the worse happens. Ive been fishing my whole life so I understand how to fish, just need some guidance as to where to fish. Or maybe even a guide service that is a little more on the cheaper side as I cant afford a ton because of my medications costing an arm and a leg. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Any advice for fishing around Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 07:48 AM »
Hi, so will you have access to a boat?  That will make a difference.  I assume since you're on this site then you're primarily interested in crappie?  I know of at least 3 guide services, which may be best since it'll get you on the lake in boat and best chance for catching some fish during your visit.  Check out AZ Crappie Sniper Guide Service as a member of the club I think runs that.  You can also check out 1 Cast 2 Many Guide Service or Arizona Fishing Guides -- all 3 can be found on Facebook. I can't speak to their prices (likely not cheap) or quality but likely your best chances for limited time and if you don't have a boat.

Another member Tommy FishMan can probably give you some ideas for shore fishing he seems to find crappie and other fish in many lakes around the valley.  Many urban lakes get stocked and you can often catch fish that way although maybe less crappie that way.

For crappie in Sept, it may be tough to find them shore fishing.  Crappie can be found in Bartlett Lake, Alamo Lake, Lake Pleasant, and Roosevelt Lake.  I hear some folks shore fish Rattlesnake Cove at Bartlett Lake but I don't know how crappie will be doing then in Sept. You can also sometimes find crappie in town at Tempe Town Lake near bridge pylons but never fished it before myself. The other lakes all would have shore fishing but I have no recommendations on where to shore fish from.

Good luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal