Author Topic: Alamo is coming up fast  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Bob

Re: Alamo is coming up fast
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 10:58 AM »
3 inches from reaching full conservation pool now and when I flew over the watershed Friday there is still quite a bit of snow melting into it.

Offline Slayerfish

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2023, 10:44 AM »
Hey do the Craps spawn along the dam?   Im headed to Havasu next week and plan to make a side trip to Alamo like next Friday or Saturday.  Not bringing the boat. Ill be hucking jigs from shore.

thx for any info.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:53 AM by Slayerfish »
All Metal All the Time!

Offline Slayerfish

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2023, 06:08 PM »
I watched some Utube and it seems tree filled warm coves might be the ticket.  Dam looks pretty imposing but I would walk it if fish were there! :D
All Metal All the Time!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2023, 04:56 PM »
For a while why they were working on the bulkhead and other issues at Alamo dam they had the area buoyed off no entry don't know if that is still the case. Have never caught crappie spawning on the dam but in the area close to the dam same with bass but if you can access it give it a try.

Alamo is up to 1133 elevation when the CORP starts the releases they will take it back down to 1125
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 03:06 PM »
Alamo basically is at 1135 level with water still coming in and rain coming Wednesday, CORP has not announced yet when they will start releasing water
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Slayerfish

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 06:41 PM »
Haha. Bad timing as usual!  Oh well maybe I'll catch a bass! :banghead:
All Metal All the Time!

Offline Bob

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2023, 02:49 PM »
The dam is still blocked off for no boat entry.  Possibly hiking in is allowed but what a hike that would be with a muddy lake and very little chance of catching must of anything.

Good luck if you go.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 03:37 PM »
Water temp at 62 and climbing fast. Use a light wire jig head with your favorite soft plastic, cast it out and bounce it on back in. If you get hung up, the light wire gives you a fight chance to get it back. They will be pre Staging for the spawn. Go get em.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2023, 07:46 AM »
Could be an interesting day at Alamo today. Lake has come up more than a foot since last night and there is 54,000+cfs headed to the lake from the three tributaries that feed it. When that water arrives it will be a mess of trees and logs and thinking you will be able to see the lake come up if you are standing near it :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal