Author Topic: AZGFD Alamo Lake Fish Habitat Improvement Project  (Read 2285 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZGFD Alamo Lake Fish Habitat Improvement Project
« on: January 26, 2023, 09:37 AM »
Shared on Facebook by Terry Herndon (Arizona Mule Deer Association) who shared for Jennifer Gwite and Region 4 AZ Game and Fish. As I get more details and contact info, I'll post here.  From Terry:

Region 4 has a fish habitat improvement project coming up February 24-26.  Projects include three different builds:
1) 150 Crappie Towers
2) 60 Mossback Safe Haven Kits
3) 60 Georgia Cubes (still need corrugated pipe, everything else is in stock)

We are looking for some manpower to help out.  We are hoping we can get everything completed Friday, but we have the whole weekend available.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:00 PM by OneBlade »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: AZGFD Alamo Lake Fish Habitat Improvement Project
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 03:49 PM »
Matt I have some information on the habitat build coming up this month at Alamo

First build is Feb. 24th 25th and 26. Everyone helping will meet at the main ramp (below the store) at 8am. if work is completed on 24 and 25 they may not build on the 26?. G and F is working with state parks to have free parking for volunteers that day (day use) only not camping. The Yuma rod and Gun club will be there and and those volunteers on the 25th will be fed after the build that day.

There is also a tentative build on March 3rd and 4th for the Georgia Cubes they are having trouble finding the black corrigated pipe for the wrap around.

G and F is trying to finalize all the moving parts to this build so if there is any additional info or changes will let people know.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 02:30 PM »
Of course they had to pick the javelina rifle hunt weekend.  At least 4 of us AZCA members will be chasing them but would have probably helped out that weekend if it weren't for the hunt.. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 04:22 PM »
If you are considering helping with the Alamo lake habitat build please post, they kind of need a head count on how many people will be there so they can order food for everyone :D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 07:05 AM »
Bruce, thanks for helping on this.  It seems you may be the only AZCA representative for this.  Let us know if/when the March Georgia Cube thing happens.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 07:18 AM »
Will do

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 05:00 PM »
This has been postponed due to another storm due in Saturday with high winds and possible rain. The schedule now is for March 4th and 5th. If they would have been able to do the project this weekend everyone that attended would have been fed at the end of the work day on the 25th. Don't know if that will be the same situation March 3rd and 4th.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 02:58 PM »
Does anybody have map of where they put the habitat

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 03:00 PM »
Does anybody have map of where they put the habitat
AZGFD will publish them here when ready: https://www.azgfd.com/fishing/reservoir-fish-habitat-locations/

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 04:13 PM »
they still have lots to build and deploy right now what is in the lake is at 40'+ the plan is when the lake drops down again like it always does the habitat will attract game fish due to lake of trees or brush at the lower lake levels

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal