Author Topic: Bartlett and Horseshoe Releases  (Read 1612 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett and Horseshoe Releases
« on: March 10, 2023, 06:38 AM »
I read that Horseshoe yesterday was releasing 4500cfs and sure enough I read that here: https://streamflow.watershedconnection.com/Dwr

It says Bartlett was releasing 3,408cfs and had a 24 hour change of -1,188.

When they release water out of Horseshoe, doesn't it all dump into Bartlett and why are they releasing from Bartlett and where does it go?  Bartlett at 81% and wondering if it's going to go up or down in the next several weeks.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett and Horseshoe Releases
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 04:53 PM »
Yup Bartlett is like a yo-yo right now couple days they pull water down at Bartlett and not as much out of horseshoe then during the week they go to dumping water from horseshoe and not as much from Bartlett. Guess SRP is trying to guess the runoff from snow this spring I know on the news the other night they were a little concerned because there could be rain up on the Verde and Salt water shed both today and next Tuesday and that could cause a fast melt on the snow and dump lots of water into the lakes fast. They prefer to release in a controlled manor rather than let the lakes fill to 100% then have to release a lot of water. Right now they are not releasing from Roosevelt since it is such a big lake it can handle water for a while. Wish there was a way for them to move water to Pleasant rather than down the river bed, Pleasant is 15-16' lower than normal for this time of year with the drought on the Colorado river
All water from horseshoe flows into Bartlett and Bartlett releases are going to water usage here in the valley by way of the canal systems but with them releasing bigger amounts the water is spilling over the granite reef dam and flowing down the normally dry river bed. Water has already reached Tempe town lake and going over the damn and will work it ways right on thru the valley then out to Buckeye etc and on down to the Colorado river near Yuma (if they release water long enough)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 05:01 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Re: Bartlett and Horseshoe Releases
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 06:19 PM »
So, your saying I should throw Topwater.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal