Author Topic: AZCA May 2023 Meeting near Lake Mary (Flagstaff)  (Read 998 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZCA May 2023 Meeting near Lake Mary (Flagstaff)
« on: May 15, 2023, 07:36 AM »
Sorry for the late notice, but our plans are just getting finalized.  A few AZCA members are headed up Lake Mary this weekend, Saturday May 20th.  As a result, I wanted extend the invite to any others wanting to get out of the heat in the valley to head up there this weekend.  We'll be fishing Saturday and Sunday looking for walleye, pike, perch, and crappie.  We are staying in a VRBO rental Friday and Saturday nights but there are some great dispersed camping areas (e.g. Marshall Lake) up there as well (check for closures and fire restrictions before heading up).

If you're interested in joining or fishing that lake, just reply here or message me (OneBlade) and if we have enough interest we'll make it official and hold a meeting.

Also, reminder we are planning our June meeting to be night fishing Lake Pleasant, see AZCA June 2023 Meeting at Wild Horse West (Lake Pleasant).

Please like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

For information and history about the AZCA, please see our Club Information thread.

If you would like to become a member, please see our Club Membership and Club Meetings threads.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: AZCA May 2023 Meeting near Lake Mary (Flagstaff)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 06:08 AM »
We fished Saturday all day and Sunday morning and fishing was though.  Between both boats, I think we caught 6 or so pike and 2 walleye.  Water level clarity I thought wasn't as bad as I expected.  We cast swimbaits and a variety of other lures to shore and trolled cranks.  Didn't use walleye harnesses this year, maybe should have tried.  Lost a few lures as well.  Weather stayed great the entire trip as we thought we might get rained on a few times.  Somehow Dave avoided the camera so no pictures of him but I rode on his boat and Alan rode on Tommy's boat.  We're hoping for better fishing for July meeting up near Lake Mary.  We did not hold the meeting since there was just the 4 of us there.

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
Re: AZCA May 2023 Meeting near Lake Mary (Flagstaff)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 02:23 PM »
Great pics, thanks for posting them up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal