Author Topic: Plez 05/14/23  (Read 932 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Plez 05/14/23
« on: May 15, 2023, 08:03 AM »
Believe it or not Marvin and I checked his boats for leaks this past Saturday. We headed up Castle Creek as soon as they would let us in the park (now 5 am) with the intent to target crappie. While no waking it up the Castle Creek arm we run into a swirl of strippers that we caught a 4 and 6 pounder out of. We tried chasing them for an hour or so with no more luck. Started to get warm and we wanted to check out the rumor the river was open after being closed for the eagles. It was open and we putted around for a while. Be careful there is alot or trees and logs floating up there. We then moved into humbug geared up for crappie and started checking out tress with the live scope. Found one tree that was absolutely loaded with crappie, Marv caught 1 i got snagged and broke off. Wen back around and he caught another while I was re-rigging. Got retied just in time for the 3rd pass of said tree he caught his third and I snagged up again, By now I am frustrated and pissed off the wind is picking up and we are tired and hungry. He got 5 bites out of that same tree and boated 3 All the crappie were small and very skinny or we would not have left,

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Plez 05/14/23
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 08:57 AM »
Thanks Boo.  How many Strippers are in a swirl?

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 09:08 AM »
AT LEAST TWO

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 05:50 AM »
thx for the report glad county finally got the buoys down but heard the logs are bad, interesting you had stripers doing things :dance:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 06:57 AM »
Hey Mark, thanks for the report at least you got on the water it's been awhile for me.  From last night's live feed, Randy H said crappie are being caught in all those northern coves in depths ranging from 5-20ft and sometimes 30ft. They were using minnows with yellow, monkey milk, and black/silver colors. With the river arm opening, that'll be interesting as well.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 03:02 PM »
Hey Mark, thanks for the report at least you got on the water it's been awhile for me.  From last night's live feed, Randy H said crappie are being caught in all those northern coves in depths ranging from 5-20ft and sometimes 30ft. They were using minnows with yellow, monkey milk, and black/silver colors. With the river arm opening, that'll be interesting as well.

be careful if you venture into the river it is like a mine field of floating logs and debris and some that are just under the water.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal