Author Topic: Fishing Line  (Read 669 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Fishing Line
« on: May 26, 2023, 07:11 AM »
What's your favorite fishing line brand/style for your crappie fishing poles?  I've used Berkley Crystal Fireline 8 or 12lb for my main line and then 8lb fluoro (don't remember brand) for liters and such. But I've noticed the Fireline has started splitting (maybe it's old?) and looking for guidance you all on your line setups.  I like fireline or braid for mainline it seems to have higher strength but sometimes I get lazy and tie the jig right to that main line -- wondering if anyone has a setup they like that involves just 1 line and no tieing liters.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Fishing Line
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 11:34 AM »
I use 20 lb Powerpro braid for mainline and 8 lb Sunline FC Sniper flourocarbon for the leaders on the long rods.  For my 8 ft jig pole I use 12 lb nanofil and 8 lb FC Sniper flourocarbon leader.  For my slip bobber it's straight 6 lb sniper.  I'm thinking of switching leader material to 10 lb

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 02:54 PM »
Suffix 832 braid for main line in 10lb. Either Pline or Yozuri floro in 6lb for rigs
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 04:16 PM »
on my Omegas I use 6lb berkley sensation clear line or 6lb. P-line floro clr used to love Seagar floro 6lb was easy to cast and no memory but after that brand was out for a while they realized how popular it was and the price more than tripled :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 07:06 AM »
Cool, thanks for the recommendations that'll help me restring a few reels.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal