Author Topic: Alamo 5-24 - 5-27  (Read 3150 times)

Offline TRITOON

Alamo 5-24 - 5-27
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:10 PM »
We had a rough start to our trip to Alamo as the wind had been blowing for a couple days and the temps had been in the low 50s. We talked to some others that had been there for several days and they said they had not been able to get on the lake for two days.  We fished Monday evening and only came away with a couple bass and three catfish. The catfish were hitting like bass in the shallows. We went out Tues. morning and tried the rocks by the dam like we did during the May meeting and got not even a bite. We started hitting the coves we fished last week and picked up 5 nice crappie in about four hours. Went back out that evening and tried by the dam again and found fish out in 60' of water, we fished with 35' of line out at .5 mph and got another 6 crappie. Tried a little night fishing with the same results as last time, not a bite. Wed. we hit it early and fished just the mouth of the coves and picked up 7 nice keepers and 2 smaller crappie that we threw back. That evening we went back to the dam area but found no fish in the 60' water as the night before. We moved out into 90' and on each turn we were picking up two or three real quick then nothing until we made another big turn. So we started making lots of big turns in the deep water and wound up with 14 very nice crappie. Again as soon as it got full dark the bite ended, but there were schools of shad all over the lake so that was a good sign. The grub of choice this trip was BBC on an 1/8 oz jig head with minnow. We did catch a couple on other colors but the BBC was definately the hot bait.
Another couple fished faithfully inside the no wake bouys by the ramp and consistantly came in with some nice fish. We did try in there one day and caught three but it was slow and the bass jerks decided they wanted to play in the area and make it misserable so we moved out and let the boys play. All in all it was a great trip and I hope we can get back out again real soon.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 5-24 - 5-27
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:03 AM »
great report thanks, glad to hear the shad have shown up
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 03:06 PM »
good going

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Thanks for the report

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal