Author Topic: SCF 2011 is in the books!  (Read 1572 times)

Piscolli

SCF 2011 is in the books!
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Well, SCF 2011 is over and what a great weekend we had! For the first time in 5 years we completely filled the group site. We had 17 teams for the fishing derby and about 50 people camping. Is was an amazing time and I’d like to thank each and everyone of you for helping out so much and being such great neighbors.

Friday night’s open grill and Chow Da dinner was awesome! We had some great cooks throwing down some serious BBQ. And, we polished off a double batch of Chow Da, that’s 24 fillets folks!

Congrats to this year’s derby winners!
Team Hairless Whaler, 5 fish for 6 lbs 13 ozs= $340
Team Phishing Phreek, 5 fish for 6 lbs 11 ozs= $210
Team Sandman, 5 fish for 6 lbs 1 ozs= $130
Team Sparkchaser, big fish 2 lbs= $340

To the new members that were voted in at Saturday’s meeting I say welcome to the AZCA family. I hope that we become great friends and share many good times together camping and fishing.

We raffled off 3 killer prizes and made about $200 for the club. Congrats to all the raffle winners! Special thanks to Yogi for donating a rod and tackle bag for the raffle. The other 2 prizes were purchased at Bass Pro Shops with club funds.

After the raffle we had the best fish fry/ pot luck ever with some really amazing side dishes. Everything was so good and there was a ton of it! As always Sandman did a spectacular job on the fish on Wadefisherman’s taters were awesome.

Thanks to everyone that brought firewood, that was one heck of a bonfire! And thanks to Rats for bringing a keg of Molson! Very special thanks goes to Cousin LLL who cleaned the group area Sunday morning, that was awesome Larry!

Sorry if I missed mentioning anyone’s contributions this weekend. I really appreciate everything that all of you do for the AZCA and SCF. All weekend people thank me and Hawk for putting it together but it’s really you guys that make it happen. I feel blessed to be part of such an amazing group of people.

Next up is the Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic in October. Same loop, same great time! See you there!

:headbang:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:59 PM by Piscolli »

Offline sandman

Re: SCF 2011 is in the books!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:51 PM »
It was another great SCF! Great food, great folks, great weather, and tough fishing.

It's always a blast and we enjoy meeting all of the new members and prospective members.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:18 PM »
sounds like a great time, wish I could of made it :(

someday :sign0081:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
oooooh yeah....
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Another great SCF!!  Thanks to all the organizers - great job!  I think the extra day (Thursday) of camping was a great idea.  Once again Sandman was da man at da fryer!

Hey Rats: The blue blanket that was covering your keg - I have it.  

Wadefisherman:  Brian, would love to steal that 'tater' recipe from you

LLL
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 11:14 PM by cousinlll »

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:58 AM »
Thanks again everyone who pitched in and made it a great weekend. Champ...thanks for putting Cameron and I up for a few nights.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline silver48

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Sounds like it was a great time and some fish were caught.  Sorry I had to miss it at the last moment.  Congrats to the winners.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:19 PM »
It was great.  Great friends, time with kids, great food.  Can't wait to do it again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal