Author Topic: Willow Springs 5/30  (Read 8537 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Willow Springs 5/30
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 10:57 AM »
I use a 12' dingy with no electronics... In fact, I have a 10hp motor that works everywhere but that lake. haha

The guy I talked to said to go to the cove where you can see the highway from the water. It was the one with tons of grass and weeds in the back? I didn't catch anything back there other than the same stump a few times.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 12:25 PM »
for crappie at WS, go to the cove stiaght across the lake form the ramp. use your electonics to find them
I am guessing you mean to follow the lake around opposite of the ramp and head towards all those stick ups? There are a few about half way back and then, as I recall, there are loads of stickups in the back end.
There is a tiny cove straight across from the lake but I am thinking you may mean something else?

@PhishingPhreek -  I know what you mean with the motor. My 6 hp gives me loads of touble at that lake for some reason. It is a little hard to start at Big Lake but seems to run rough too at WS for some reason. I might be heading up there in a couple of weeks to try it out. Haven't been in a while and I actually like that lake.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 05:05 PM »
for crappie at WS, go to the cove stiaght across the lake form the ramp. use your electonics to find them
I am guessing you mean to follow the lake around opposite of the ramp and head towards all those stick ups? There are a few about half way back and then, as I recall, there are loads of stickups in the back end.
There is a tiny cove straight across from the lake but I am thinking you may mean something else?

@PhishingPhreek -  I know what you mean with the motor. My 6 hp gives me loads of touble at that lake for some reason. It is a little hard to start at Big Lake but seems to run rough too at WS for some reason. I might be heading up there in a couple of weeks to try it out. Haven't been in a while and I actually like that lake.

yep, there is a small cove, but no crappie there. go to the big cove with trees. good luck and give us a report when you get back   

Offline azslabber

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 09:40 PM »
You've got to lean them motors out about half a turn and they will run perfectly.Elevation my friends.Remember to put them back where they were or you'll have the same problem back down here.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Well, it has been a while but I went up there recently. I went way back in there and never saw any crappie. Not on the sonar or otherwise. Only spotted two bass the whole day. Loads of tiny trout though. Oh, well. Maybe I'll try again next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal