Author Topic: Alamo 4/27 (I am back to being confused!!!)  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Alamo 4/27 (I am back to being confused!!!)
« on: April 28, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Couldn't wait to get back to Alamo  :headbang: El Presidenta was supposed to go but had to cancel due to needing to get some things done on his day off. Real glad Billy didn't go he would of thought I was the biggest story teller, drug/alcohol abuser in Phx. :lol_hitting:

Got there early to heavy winds (weather guys said 5-10 phx, 9mph at Alamo) WRONG. Any way 5 vehicles in main parking lot, had the lake to myself. Due to wind pulled in up lake from main launch. Picked up 5 crappie and 4-5 lg. mouths in the first 30 Min's, thought game on :headbang: wind shifted and made it tough to cast shore sooooooo headed up lake to honey holes. To make a sad story short those were the only 5 crappie I caught all day 2 black, 3 semi black (think they were done with love :dontknow:) :angry4: :( I fished up lake, down lake, northside, southside you name it and other than loosing a cheap fishing rod to a 3lb. lg. mouth with a minnow caught probably 12 or so lg. mouths and that was it. I put boat in 15' and casted up toward shore and let the jig work out the few crappie I caught were in 8-10' of water so they were spawning deeper (I think) man I hammered the old coves up lake and absolutely nothing even tried post spawn deeper water points etc. hoping to find them schooling up after ending the love fest :crybaby2:) I went back and hammered the cove I got the first few in and all the coves down at that end of the lake till 5pm even waiting for shade to cover the bank as that will sometimes create a better bite and nothing but increased lg. mouth activity :(

WOW!! I really thought since the best bite 7 days ago was up in stained water up lake that they would be on fire farther down, not the case. Weird thing, thought it was the wind we have had the last couple days especially Tuesday but some of those coves are protected the entire lake was stained (and there has been no runoff) thinking it may of turned over, coves that you could see down 10+' and gin clear were at best 1-2' visibility and very hazy :dontknow: as water temps were down 3-5 degrees from last week. It acts like the spawn is over but maybe one more group will move up this next full moon. Did not see many fry this time they may have moved out to take on the perils of life now :dontknow: debating whether to try it one more time next to full moon of give up. Second time know first rosy now Alamo where it looked like major start to spawn and then fades away :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:27 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 4/27 (I am back to being confused!!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47 PM »
great report fishless.thx. ya just never know but you were there man good work. what ya doin this weekend. looks like an ugly front coming in.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06 AM »
whether heavy winds, rain, lightning or nice weather and temps (I hide on the weekend :o) from all the crazies out on our lakes, never fish weekends except occasional saturday night at pleasant for stripers
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sandman

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 07:34 AM »
Can't wait. Come on retirement.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Can't wait. Come on retirement.

:iagree:  :headbang:  :iagree:  :headbang:  :iagree:  :headbang:

I'm still quite a few years away from that though... haha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal