Author Topic: Minn Kota Ram Mount  (Read 12126 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Minn Kota Ram Mount
« on: May 14, 2011, 10:58 AM »
For you guys that have a MinnKota Terrova I-Pilot trolling motor (I absolutely love mine) I very strongly reccommend purchasing a Ram mount trollong motor stabilizer and putting it on your boat. My good friend, Don Kammerzal, had his Terrova deploy itself last Saturday at approx. 30 mph and it ripped it right off the boat and gone! All he had left was the mount and the plug. For $50 this would not have happened. Hawk, please get one if you already haven't. ........Art 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Minn Kota Ram Mount
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Art, do you know if he had the collar on the troll motor down and tightened? I had not been doing that when on the lake but after hearing about the unscheduled deployment I have started putting the color down and tightening it when on the lake and when the boat is trailered etc.

oh how has fishing been?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Art. I ordered one from Amazon.com $28.80. That includes shipping.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Fish Hawk
Do you have a link to the ram mount on e-bay?
Thanks
Tim

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:00 AM »
RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-149Z-GA12U It comes with everything you need plus some extra. I could not find just the mount online.
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Systems-RAM-B-149Z-GA12U-Handlebar/dp/B000TFNLAW

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:01 AM »
Thanks for all the help  ;D
Timbo

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 05:53 PM »
LLL links would be the correct mount to use. I'm going to try something a little differant.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 06:36 AM »
isnt that why they have the collar on the shaft. its kind of a pain and i only lock it down for the trail to apache. now ill lock it down most of the time. my powerdrive seems real secure.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 02:56 PM »
RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-149Z-GA12U It comes with everything you need plus some extra. I could not find just the mount online.
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Systems-RAM-B-149Z-GA12U-Handlebar/dp/B000TFNLAW

It didn't work. Had to go with plan "B". But it will work for my bow fish finder.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal