Author Topic: Boat Liability Insurance  (Read 6573 times)

Offline freshwater

Re: Boat Liability Insurance
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 08:03 PM »

Another thing for the casual fisherman with a small boat (12 foot and under, 9.9hp and under) used to be covered under home owners automaticaly for liability

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Matt--Check your home owner policy for coverage on rods/reels/equipment etc coverage. However, be advised---Insurance companies do not tolerate  "personal claims" ---claiming a loss for personal items often result in one being placed on what I call an Insurance "Black List"---once a claim is paid, renewal and obtaining future coverage BECOMES , NOT ONLY DIFFICULT , BUT EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE---Do the math---if your electronics and other "equipment" would happen to disappear and you file a claim--$250 deductible + future insurance costs---talk to your insurance agent--they , often, will give you valued advise--
I carry full coverage, however, on the portable items---I "No Bid" the coverage---I have the usual electronics--2 Hummingbird Fish Finders, plus the Hummingbird 597, the usual rods/reels and tackle--accumulative, the replacement costs would be significant. However, if my boat were to be completely destroyed--after pro-rating all the stuff---the significant factor is the MOTOR, then the boat, then the trailer , then the trolling motor- ( I do pull the 597 and the trolling motor when I store the boat)--replacing the other "stuff" is off set with a $250 deductible-Your calculus may differ

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48 PM »
I am on another site quite a bit , Walleyecentral.com ,some of are as well , if you have boating insurance questions check this out ,  http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42  , I do not know if he is licensed in AZ but Bob insures all of my boats ,he is a straight shooter and will answer your questions ,he is also a semi pro walleye fisherman and knows boats and the industry. as for Progressive there is are reasons most of my fellow northern walleye fisherman do not use progressive . But don't take my word for it check out the link, watch the vedio ask questions and decide on your own , low price dosen"t always mean a good deal . Tight lines and soon I will be returning to AZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal