Author Topic: Rosey 6/13  (Read 3758 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Rosey 6/13
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:52 AM »
A buddy and I hit the lake for the first time on Sunday. We got there a little after 5pm. We launched at schoolhouse and tried a little trolling just to the right and immediately lost some jigs and a crank. Didn't realize that there was so much under water bushes in there! Anyway, we headed straight across the lake and my buddy caught several bass and a cat using minnows. I finally caught one slot on a minnow in a cove. We set out the lights and waited. 2 crappie were picked up for the rest of the night. Water temp was 78 I think. It was a beautiful night and I saw two shooting stars. Very little catching done. Kind of a let down but an interesting experience.

Piscolli

Re: Rosey 6/13
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:55 AM »
How deep of water did you anchor up in.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Hey Bill, we started at about 20-30 and moved to 40. Then we tried drifting for a few hours. There was very little wind so our drift was slow. There were bass busting the shad and we could see crappie cruising through every now and again. Just didn't seem to want to bite. Not that there were huge numbers either but there were fish around. They seemed real lazy. I'd say we drifted about 1/2 - 1 mile along the shore across from schoolhouse heading more towards the river mouth.

Just realized I never mentioned what time we left. It was about 2 AM

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:35 PM »
thanks for the report. this has been one of the toughest years at Rosey. still my favorite lake to fish

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04 PM »
thanks for the report. this has been one of the toughest years at Rosey. still my favorite lake to fish

Agreed Hawk!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal