Author Topic: big cat story  (Read 2456 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
big cat story
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:41 AM »
apache 6/17 pm, on the lake at 4 . trollin in turtle bay on the break line, by now i can draw you a contour map. all of a sudden on my piscoli sponsored bps 6 ft crappi maxx rod with the top o the line zebco omega 202 real and 6 lb trilene theres a thunk and the fish is on. its a heavy, no its a monster. no more trollin the lines gunna snap. kill the tm wind is blowing like its june in the desert. so im back on top of the fish in no time . it must be a 5lb plus walleye. runs left then right drop the drag and use the tm on rabbit to keep up left then right then up wind. now im on top of im. tighten down the drag and the crappie max is working up and down like were winchin in a billfish. get er up and its frickin blue not brown. in the net in the boat on the scale 11.7 big ass cat. great fun the monster was hangin with a school of sunnies one was hooked up on my other rod when i finally released the cat. im such a minnesota fish snob i can barely touch a cat let alone keep one.
ppersonal best except for two kenai kings which i figure are salt water types so they dont count. lpts of fun though fighting this baby with the beauty gear and my own harness which held together as well. nice when it all comes together.
wife and son met me the next day heavy breeze so we swam and had burgers at the resort . apache really must be the nicest lake in az dont you think?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal