Author Topic: June 30th  (Read 2640 times)

wadefisherman

June 30th
« on: July 01, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Me and a buddy braved the heat to give Alamo a try. The crappie fishing was slow compared to other years but we managed to pull 8 slabs out of the lake, largest to about 1.5lbs. It was off the hook for bass and catfish. We couldn't keep them off the line. We must have caught 30-40 slot bass and I did pull up a nice 7-8 lb channel cat on my crappie rig, them 10' Wally Marshall's can take the pressure. The lake is about 10' lower then previous years at about this time. The floating dock was a nice change. Hardly anyone on the water. My 1st fish was a pretty nice 4lb bass caught on a watermelon kreature bait. We got to the lake a couple of hours early to get minnows (got there at 5 minutes to 5, cutting it pretty close :) and bass fished for a while in the shade of the cliffs by the dam before setting up the lights. We had millions of shad but the crappie just did not show up in numbers. Az is so funny, 102' degrees when we got to the lake and about 2am I'm freezing my ass off while catching a few z's. Tight lines, I'll try to post a pic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal