Author Topic: Bartlett 6/30 (Night)  (Read 3348 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Bartlett 6/30 (Night)
« on: July 02, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Let me start off by saying that going to a low lake you're used to being filled with no moon is not the best idea. Took me nearly an hour to get back to SB.

Started in saddle cove with no bites in 2.5-3 hours. Moved up towards cat bay to check out the habitat and didn't see anything on the finder but anchored up anyway. Caught 1 crappie after an hour but I being the genius that I am and getting hooked on my anchor line twice and difted about 80 feet from where we caught that one because I had to keep pulling the anchor up. Anyway. Found a new spot over a tree I found and stayed there until the sun came up. Caught 1 dink, 1 semi-keeper and 1 fingerling (awesome sign of a spawn last year!!!!) That was it for crappie under lights. Trolled around for a little bit after the sun came up and was keying numerous hit but couldn't connect on anything so Im not certain what they were.

Wasn't a productive trip fish wise, but this was my 1st time night fishing there so I learned the underwater structure pretty good. Now if I could find them I'll be happier!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal