Author Topic: Pleasant Road Trip on Friday Night?  (Read 139195 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Pleasant Road Trip on Friday Night?
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:45 AM »
Buddy from work & I are planning on hitting Pleasant this Friday - late afternoon until possibly Saturday morning.  Anybody else want to join us for some Striper chasing?

Same deal - Wild Horse West for a burger & brew first then hit the lake.

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Pleasant Road Trip on Friday Night?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58 PM »
good luck, been doing good with the early morning surface bite there early and off by 9:30am have fun be safe
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:45 PM »
I think the wife & I are going saterday nite.
Please post up report.
Thanks
Timbo

Offline spike

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:19 AM »
The wife and i went last saturday night only to be discouraged. i think it had to do with the full moon :bootyshake: We fished the 1270.

Offline eo3510

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:36 PM »
I've been out there almost every weekend the last 10-12 weeks, sometimes twice. I'll be out with an AZBZ guy tonight and an AHT guy tomorrow. The last 4-5 weeks the bite has been the best from 4-7am.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Thanks for the words Fishless....

eo - I'll be on da water around 7pm ish or so.  Silver & dark purple Ranger - say hey if you see us! 

Hopefully I'll have something to report.... :dance:

LLL

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 05:51 PM »
The last 4-5 weeks the bite has been the best from 4-7am.
Last two times I went out there I had the same luck. Just before the sun was coming up was when the bit took off. Made me just want to go to bed early and wake up early rather than hang out there all night!

Good luck everyone. I need to get the e-brakes on my trailer disengaged before I go fishing again. :-/

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Our Report
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:07 AM »
So after another great burger at Wild Horse West, we hit the water as planned around 7pm.  Not much boat traffic but seemed as though the wind picked up a bit just as we put in - just enough though to make our search for Striper boils/slurps difficult to impossible.  Searched a few coves with no activity. Ran out of sunlight so decided to anchor up in Scorpion Bay Marina.

Spent the entire night within the breakwater of the marina - wind did pick up a little more so we just stayed put.  Wind was out of the west so even within the breakwater there was a slight chop.  Again, nothing real bad.  It just would of made anchoring someplace else a bit of a chore.

Fishing was slow but steady, if that makes any sense.  We put 11 Stripers in our blue cooler ranging from 2 lbs to maybe 3 1/2 lbs.  Nothing big but half way decent size filets for my Iowegian friend to make a meal out of.  All were caught, of course, on anchovies fished between 3 to 5 cranks off the bottom in 71' of water.  Great night on da water even with a little wind.

Just before sunrise, we headed out once again to search out boils & slurps.  The breeze again made it difficult to impossible to find them.  So we called it a day before the lake got too busy.  Off da water around 0630.

Da pics below show our very first catch of the evening (of course it was a double hookup!) & then the evening's other catch.....

LLL
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:12 AM by cousinlll »

wadefisherman

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 12:18 PM »
ice report :)

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 02:42 PM »
The blue cooler rules  Nice catch. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal