Author Topic: Has no one been fishing?  (Read 5476 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Has no one been fishing?
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Or has no one been catching? Seems strange to hear zero reports lately on crappie. I thought the summer was supposed to be a good time for them? Myself, I have been spending time this summer working on Striper fishing, catfishing, and recently lmb fishing. Haven't got around to looking for crappie.

You guys been looking for them and not finding them or just not looking? What is the story here?

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Has no one been fishing?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:24 PM »
If I can make it, I've just been going to Plez for stripers because it's such a short drive. I've tried B-lett for crappie about a month ago, but didn't have any luck. It was my 1st time night fishing that lake so it might have been that, but it's just been hard to get out and fish as much as I would like to. Stupid economy messing up my residual income!  :dontknow:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 03:49 PM »
To damn hot to fish in the desert for me. Haven't been up north in 3 weekends.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 03:49 PM »
I've been chasing Stripers more than usual this year.  Going again this Friday evening - anybody else?  And for some reason, haven't made as many trips to Lake Mary as I usually do.  What's up with that.... :dontknow:

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 05:13 PM »
been having lots of fun with summer boils for stripers at pleasant along with some white bass, been wanting to hit bartlett for crappie but it is 35mins versus 1hr and 15mins, was out of town and after this heat wave slows down going to hopefully hit bartlett next week (water at 50% which should be perfect for the trees :D)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42 AM »
cousinlll, I'm sort of considering Pleasant for stripers Saturday maybe, but it seems like reports I've seen is that you have better luck in the 4-5am morning timeframe.  I've only fished 9pm to 1am or so there and not sure how'd I'd do on an all night excursion.  I'd be useless to the world the next day for sure.  Have people been catching any more in the 9pm to 1am?

As for crappie fishing, someone just posted a positive Alamo report assuming those keepers he caught were crappie.  I still would like to see the boats coming in after night fishing at Roosevelt to see how much they're catching.  Same thing with Bartlett.  I think the AZCA members that post reports haven't been hitting Roosevelt but surely there are guys night fishing there.  All I know is that over the spring crappie fest, I saw someone pulling in crappie after crappie night fishing along the wall around the corner from Schoolhouse where it starts to narrow.  I also saw some old farts bring in coolers of crappie at Alamo a month or two ago.  I suspect there's a lot of pros catching them but don't post anything in fear that we'll all go find their spot and take their fish.  There's probably a good group of folks not computer savvy enough to post on a message board catching crappie.

Maybe if there were an incentive to post a real fishing report we'd get more reports from those catching fish. 

I'll be interested to see how some of the AZCA members do once it starts to cool off and we get out on the lake with crappie in mind....

Offline spike

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35 AM »
 I went last friday, between 7pm and 2am i cought 5or 6 stripers and 20 catfish. My wife and myself are going again sat. night. Im sure we will sleigh them again :103:

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 03:55 PM »
I've only fished 9pm to 1am or so there and not sure how'd I'd do on an all night excursion.  I'd be useless to the world the next day for sure.  Have people been catching any more in the 9pm to 1am?

Here's how you do it Matt - see pic below!  Take a comfortable lawn chair or a light bed roll and take a quick safety nap! Of course working midnights helps just a bit.... :a012:

LLL

Offline eo3510

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I almost always curl up on the bench or floor for a couple of hours.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 08:23 PM »
We've been hitting Plez pretty regular on the weekends for striper.  5:00 AM until 8:30 or so and then off the lake.  Nice and cool for the first hour or so then hot hot hot.  Boils with top-water baits and spoons when you graph them.  What's a crappie look like?   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal