Author Topic: San Carlos being stocked with crappie?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
San Carlos being stocked with crappie?
« on: May 16, 2023, 05:54 AM »
Was looking at the g and f public FB page and there has been all sorts or discussion on that lake (kind of goofy) anyway if you look at the site what I believe is a tribal member with their wildlife division states that they cleared a road so the stocking truck can make it down to the lake to stock crappie :dontknow: does not say how many or any other info other than she says she will take some pics?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: San Carlos being stocked with crappie?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 06:53 AM »
I thought I heard from last night's live feed it's going to be 40k but wonder why AZGFD is so hush about it.  Maybe they'll take some pictures post on their website or social media.  Also saw a picture of someone fishing Talkalai.  That's bigger than I thought it was.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Matt, not AZGFD water or responsibility it is all San Carlos reservation and their wildlife division
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 12:18 PM »
Happening today, see truck.  Does that look like the same supplier as we had at Bartlett and Roosevelt?  Wonder if black crappie, black-nosed, or even white crappie, etc.?  Remember there were white crappie in there back in 2018.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 04:04 PM »
The last word I had is white crappie are not available from vendors either right now or will ever be again? probably black nose since that seems to be the dominant crappie available now (not magnolia crappie). Can not remember who the vendor is for g and f I will ask, glad to see they did stock Carlos

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 04:06 PM »
Mr. Fish is the same company az g and f purchase their crappie probably will be BN

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal