Author Topic: Alamo Jun 26th Sat night  (Read 4420 times)

wadefisherman

Alamo Jun 26th Sat night
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Mac, Chris, Willie and I hit Alamo hoping for another night like three weeks ago. What a disappointment, it was a beautiful night but the crappie were still scarce. we had 2 keepers and 4 dinks. Super slow crappie fishing on Alamo, I'll probably switch tactics and focus on Pleasant stripers for the next few months. I want to give Rosie a try in the near future as well. It has been a 'crappie' year at Alamo for the most part.  :dontknow:

Offline TRITOON

Re: Alamo Jun 26th Sat night
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Thanks for the report, I think I will change my plans and go to Rosy for my next trip. You probably saved me a long drive and some aggravation. That is what this site is all about.
GOD BLESS

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:09 PM »
Thanks for the report also!  I've got this green light stuff on the brain now so am liking the idea of trying Rosy.  And of course need to get back to Pleasant.  Determined to figure out the stripers.....

LLL

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:01 AM »
It might have just been the full moon???????

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 05:41 AM »
It may nave been, but the fish have not been very cooperative this year and we had plenty of shad by the boat. This is the slowest I have seen it in the past 4 years of fishing there, I miss the 100 fish nights.

On a side note we had three 4 foot florescent lights out and a nuclei on one corner of Willies pontoon. There were no fish by the nuclei while all three of the 4 footers were packed with shad.  :3some:

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:58 PM »
On a side note we had three 4 foot florescent lights out and a nuclei on one corner of Willies pontoon. There were no fish by the nuclei while all three of the 4 footers were packed with shad.  :3some:

Interesting comment.  At the last club meeting at Pleasant I noticed tons of shad near those 4 footers.  I was fishing next to you guys and my Nuclei was up front with me and it didn't have as many shad near it as those lights did.

LLL   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 04:12 PM »
alamo is acting a lot like rosy this year, no rime or reason to it?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:44 AM »
Sucks about Alamo this year... Maybe they're just in a different part of the lake this year?

As for the Nuclei, while it emits a ton of light and is light on power consumption, it still can't beat the 4 footers with visibility. It's about a 30*+ angle of light while the 4 footers put out 360* of light.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal