Author Topic: San Carlos permits  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
Re: San Carlos permits
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 03:56 PM »
have seen bartlett bone dry back in the 70's for major dam repairs, (should of seen all the old boats,outboards,batteries and junk laying in the bottom of that lake :o) have fished it back in the 80's during one of our droughts at 8% was small boat and 4x4 to launch on real steep incline, spent half my time pulling stuck vehicles out so I could launch. With this dry winter this could be a year of remote launching and no ramps will have to wait and see
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27 PM »
After seeing the lake yesterday I guess I have seen it lower, not by much though.

Offline whaler

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 08:22 PM »
best fishing ever on bartlett was in the 80s across from rattle snake by the fence line we caught 3 pounders  at nignt like we catch 14 inchers now one night three of us caught over 100 fish and like you said there was no ramp and to back a boat in your lights were on a very steep angle looking up to the sky. good memories.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 05:17 AM »
back when it was 8-10% there were two huge trees just up from what would be rattlesnake cove was more like a pond, fished it once a week and you decided how many crappie you wanted to bring home, it was like fishing a hatchery.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 07:36 AM »
Pray for drough  :greengrin: Just kidding