Author Topic: San Carlos permits  (Read 10384 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

San Carlos permits
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:27 PM »
I haven't been to SC at all this year. Where do I get the permits? Still at that Circle K in Globe? Also, they are open 24hours right? Anyone been lately? I was looking at going on Monday if everything works out. What about minnows? Do they have them at the store there at the lake? I heard it was opened.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: San Carlos permits
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Rumor has it that the lake is extremely low - like at <1%!  Nobody that I know has been out there or even talked with others that have been on the lake due to the low water level.  I'm curious myself on the exact conditions - it's been in the back of my mind to take my little tin boat out to see what's up.

If you do go, permits at either the Circle K you mentioned or the Bashas' at the lake turnoff.  Not sure if the Bashas is open all night.  I'd get minnows elsewhere like Kilmers or Liar's Corner.  Take a lot of pics for us if you go out there!

Here is a link for the lake data: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/uv?cb_00054=on&cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&period=60&site_no=09469000

LLL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:03 PM by cousinlll »

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:06 PM »
Yeah, that is crazy low! I think I will give it a try though. I'll be sure to take some pics. I can't imagine what it looks like being that low.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Think it was Piscolli that mentioned that the depth at da dam was at 12' ish.....

Good luck and please take a lot of pics - I'm sure everybody here has been wondering what the lake looks like.

LLL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:10 PM by cousinlll »

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 10:36 PM »
I won't waste your time, if you want Crappie anyway. According to USGS today the lake is about 1/2% and yes, about 12' in the deepest spot by the dam. Launching will be a tough and navigating on the water is just plain dangerous. Please the flatheads are probably eating everything they see. I'd try Bartlett instead. There have been some Crappie being caught including some real lunkers. I may go Friday.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:08 PM »
hmmmm, what area of Bart? Up by Yellow Cliffs? I was there a few weeks ago and all we saw were babies.  Is the water still low there as well?

Piscolli

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Cat Bay just past the cliffs on the right. Lake at 49%

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Wow, when do they start filling it up again? Is it this low for this long every year? I don't fish Bartlett all that often but it is a cool lake.

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:38 AM »
Fill it with what? Horseshoe above Bartlett is empty.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 08:21 AM »
Fill it with what? Horseshoe above Bartlett is empty.

I think he is talking about San Carlos.  The Bartlett part is seperate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal