Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 3180 times)

Offline kicked back

Howdy
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:00 PM »
 :celebrate: here go's my first post...hello! this is more than not in the wrong place but given time even old guys can learn new things. I am not new to AZ. or fishing most the lakes around here but "crappie" fishing has not been easy for me.It sounds easy but until I can do something and get results for more than once then I will need help. I (we) are headed to Alamo this Tues. for three days and I will attempt to find and catch crappie. I know Alamo well enough that if any one has a spot and mention it then I will try it. As for pic's we will see what happens first! I would like to be a member of Arizona Crappie association and look forward to it. DOOG
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Let me be the first to welcome you to da site!  I know a few of our members are on the water as I type Crappie fishing - and I'm stuck here at home with honey do's!!  Wife's out of town so in theory - perfect time for LLL to be in da water but oh well...

Wish I had all the answers as far as where to find numbers - I'm happy with just catching one Crappie lately!!  It hasn't been easy to catch big numbers.  You hear a few guys catching 5 or even 10.  That's a great day for me!  Anybody can catch a Green Carp (aka LMB) but to catch Crappie.....  I'm sure others will add there two cents here as soon as they are done cleaning their catch.  :greengrin:

Here's the link to the club's next event: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,611.0.html

Lot's of good stuff in the AZCA member's clubhouse.  See you on da water....

LLL

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:00 PM »
:celebrate: here go's my first post...hello! this is more than not in the wrong place but given time even old guys can learn new things. I am not new to AZ. or fishing most the lakes around here but "crappie" fishing has not been easy for me.It sounds easy but until I can do something and get results for more than once then I will need help. I (we) are headed to Alamo this Tues. for three days and I will attempt to find and catch crappie. I know Alamo well enough that if any one has a spot and mention it then I will try it. As for pic's we will see what happens first! I would like to be a member of Arizona Crappie association and look forward to it. DOOG

Doog:

We usually hit Alamo in December and January and then again in the spring only because I don't prefer to fish at night.  Let us know how you did.  Attend a meeting and check us out.

Steve.     

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 01:10 AM »
Welcome aboard KB! I hope to meet you soon and share some good times on the water.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal