Author Topic: SC lake levels  (Read 171505 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: SC lake levels
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 06:31 AM »
thanks for the effort bro. i think overall it is good news unless they just dropped it to 1100 and we dont know yet.

Piscolli

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 09:44 AM »
As of this morning releases have still not began so I have decided to move this into the public San Carlos forum.

Offline Whatagearhead

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Thanks for your efforts and concerns Bill.  SC is my favorite lake, although I did not get there this season (I only fished for Crappie once this year - at SCF).
Wanted: Total Conciousness

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 10:36 PM »
I am going to San Calos in the morning... Hope to hit like Bill did before it becomes bumper boats. :banghead:
SEA.....HAWKS....

Piscolli

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Update: Still no releases at Coolidge Dam, it looks like the info we got about the "dry up" in the canals was correct. The lake is still slowly rising so be careful when launching. Rising water can seep into the subsurface dirt and make what looks to be firm, dry ground very muddy underneath it. There is still water trickling in from the San Carlos River however the Gila is barely running at Calva, AZ.

Piscolli

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 10:42 AM »
Update: Pray for rain!

Still no releases from the Coolidge Dam, SC river still a trickle and the Gila is barely flowing. I was there last Saturday. On the drive in it looked like the Gila was flowing pretty good. It may have just been the wind pushing surface water though. There was more debris than before and not as much surface algae. This would usually tell me that new water is coming in, but the carts on the US Geo site don't show it.

B B K

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Bill and other members,

Went to San Carlos Tuesday 11-15-11,,  depth at the dam was about 12.7,  water was muddy, could see a lot of shad but not fish in the finder....  caught 1 crappie, 1 flathead, and snagged one carp...  Was disappointing, but,  are thinking about going back this week...  Launching in was not bad...  little tough getting back on the trailer...   sure wasn't busy there...  if any one has been there lately would like some tips on what is being used.. we used double jig rigs, john Deere and black blue charturse tipped with live minnows..also just minnows,  tried wiggle warts, bluegill crankbaits.  Haven't been here since 2009 thought we would have done better..  but that is fishing.....  B B K

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 12:38 PM »
BBK....

After going out to the pond you call San Carlos the last few months I have learned that the best technique is slow trolling shallow. Emphasizing shallow and away from the boat. In other words 10 foot poles minimum if you are trolling. Most sucsess I have seen is anywhere from 9 to 12 feet of line out dragging 1/16 oz jigs untipped. Best color....you call it. I have to say that my experience is BBC or JDG. With the temp change the fish changed. When we first started fishing there the bite was strong. Now it's really light. If you don't have the pole in hand, you will miss it. Almost all the fish I have caught have been by the dam and no more than halfway back to the dam on the points. Just use your graph and you will find them. Good luck and hope you slay them out there...
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal