Author Topic: Bartlett 4/25 (1st Fishing report!!!!)  (Read 5273 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Bartlett 4/25 (1st Fishing report!!!!)
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Well, here goes the 1st fishing report for the AZCA website. :)

Fished Bartlett yesterday and managed to catch 5 crappie. It was a really tough day. This felt like the 1st time I really had to work to catch fish. Fished the entire lake and only caught in Adler and Crappie Cove. Caught 2 in the back of Adler in the afternoon. 1 by drifting Orange Crush and the other casting Bubble Gum/Chart Kalins. Caught the other 3 at crappie cove just before the sun went down. 1 in the back of the cove drifting JD and the other 2 at the mouth of the cove by drifting JD and casting OC.

I also managed to catch a 2.1lb bass. After catching all these crappie, that bass felt like a ton. It was a fun fight to bring him in. Looks like he was in the spawning mode too as he was beat up. As for shad... I don't think that lake will need to worry about a shad drop off for a very long time. I saw schools in every cove, mouth, drop off.... you name it. They were everywhere. Same with the bluegill. Tons of em.

Went as far back of the lake as I felt safe, and wow! It's beautiful back there. If it weren't for the other boaters driving on plane it would have been perfect back there. In their defense, it does take forever to get back to the "No Wake Buoys" If you hit this lake this spring, or maybe even summer, you gotta go back there just to check it out. It's awesome.

Offline Whatagearhead

Re: Bartlett 4/25 (1st Fishing report!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Nice report and kudos on the new site!
Wanted: Total Conciousness

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal