Author Topic: Night fishing  (Read 5457 times)

Offline rdbrn

Night fishing
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:52 PM »
What kind of lights do you guys recommend, I have a 12 volt floating light and it draws the shad around it but I've had no luck. How deep do you fish under the light? Any advice will be appreciated.....

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: Night fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 05:59 PM »
green colored lights work the best. fish from just a few feet below the light to the bottom(depends on what depth fish are at) good luck

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:27 PM »
I have a combination of different lights that I use.

First is the Aurora by Jumping Cholla www.jumpingchollajigs.com

I also have an Aquastar 1oo watt halagen www.fishinglightsetc.com/AquaStar.html

Here's another option - www.hydroglow.com/products.html

Some say to fish the dark area/shadows that's around your lights.  Even say to put the lights out on the opposite side of the boat from the side you fish from.  Jury is still out on that so you be the judge.  

LLL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:36 PM by cousinlll »

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 06:44 PM »
I have a combination of different lights that I use.

First is the Aurora by Jumping Cholla www.jumpingchollajigs.com

I also have an Aquastar 1oo watt halagen www.fishinglightsetc.com/AquaStar.html

Here's another option - www.hydroglow.com/products.html

Some say to fish the dark area/shadows that's around your lights.  Even say to put the lights out on the opposite side of the boat from the side you fish from.  Jury is still out on that so you be the judge.  

LLL
So are you saying that you catch equally in the light and on the edges? Also, do you use both lights at the same time then?

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 06:56 PM »

Yep, I hang all the lights over the side at the same time.  Don't have an opinion as to which light is better.  As far as the catch rate in the light vs. shadows goes, that's just something I read.  It did seem, however, that on my last San Carlos trip the bigger fish were caught in the shadows. I'm still new at this night fishing game so still trying to figure things out.

LLL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:59 PM by cousinlll »

wadefisherman

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:06 AM »
You will usually catch more on the edges or below the lights in deeper water. Night fishing rules. :violent-smiley-007:

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I hadn't really thought about fishing just below the light before. Good idea. I don't know, I seem to be feast or famine when I night fish. I'm getting pretty skinny if you are wondering :lol_hitting:

Piscolli

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:43 AM »
green colored lights work the best. fish from just a few feet below the light to the bottom(depends on what depth fish are at) good luck

:iagree:

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 05:18 PM »
plus if you fish right under your lights you can watch all the action around your lights drink scotch, and be on the bean, prepared, all at the same time. :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal